Dual Discs and Acura ELS systems

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bobou2

My manual for the 2012 TL recommends NOT using dual discs. Has anyone had problems playing dual discs in their ELS systems?

my 2011 RDX w/ELS has played Rob Thomas Something to Be many times with no problems

I've used DualDiscs in my (former) RDX as well as my current TSX without any problems. I think they're just covering their asses.

Congrats on the car! Sweet!

Nice cars! I'm terrified to play Dual Discs in my cars. Unlike you lucky ducks, I don't have an Acura. My convertible plays DVD-A/V and I'm terrified to put a
Dual Disc in. I'm haunted by a flashback. 20 years ago, I was playing a 3" CD on my Alpine changer, with it's wonderful outer ring adapter. Bet you can guess the rest. I wound up de-installing the changer from the trunk and taking it apart to extract the seperated disc and ring. A girl could break a nail!

I may have played a Dual Disc or two in my winter car when they hit the scene. I'm one person with three vehicles and I won't play Dual Discs in any of them. I'm ALMOST as nuts about cars as music/audio gear. Almost. Likely there's no problem, though I don't want to take the chance.

There's a reason they stopped making Dual Discs. "The audio side of this disc does not conform to CD specifications and therefore will not play on some CD and DVD players." When Dual Disc were still being made, the buyer at Music Direct told me that he stopped carrying them. Reason: too many people returning them because they wouldn't play. When they hit, I thought this would be the format that would make surround finally sell like crazy.

Another disc I won't play is a two-sided CD of Hendrix' called "Acoustic Jams." It may be the rarest CD of the 12,000 in my collection. Like a laser video disc, it is two CD's glued together. It's also from 20 years ago. Dual discs also appear to be two discs glued together. Hendrix would not play on my Alpine. Why take the chance?

I also refrain from playing CD-4 vinyl in my car. Pot holes turn the CD-4 radar on and off. lol!!

Linda
Yentying, as usual

Back