Dutton Vocalion UK mining the Sony Music quad catalog for Multichannel SACD release!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got the two Cramer titles, and I'm tickled. Not the kind of music I listen to all the time, but a lot more interesting than I thought they'd be. Excellent production and quite discrete with plenty in the rears. Sound quality is great. I ordered through Amazon.uk.

For those interested, I just posted an official QQ Poll Thread for each of these six initial discs. I myself ordered 2 (Hugo, and the non-Severinsen Mancini, and will post comments when I digest them.

Just ordered the Montenegro. I don't really like "Scenes and Themes", but I've never heard "Others By Brothers" so I went for it. If they put out "Hugo In Wonderland" I'll be super excited!

I have order the 6 SACD's
And I will let you know when I play them

Ron

I'd vote for all of the Hugo Quads on Multichannel SACD. :)
Realistically, if the first Hugo SACD sells well, I'm guessing we might get one or two more Hugo Montenegro Multichannel SACDs from Dutton Vocalion.

The HUGO QUAD two~fer SACD sounds absolutely stunning in EVERY respect. I also love the Henry Mancini with Doc Seversen two~fer....a little more jazzy and includes some of Mancini's soundtrack tracks.
Bring on MORE Hugo Montenegro two~fers, especially, if they sound as brilliant as Dutton Vocalion has afforded us on their first outing.

Brian, I also "took a chance" by purchasing this earlier Vocalion mch SACD release: http://hraudio.net/showmusic.php?title=774

Superb recording with a very wide dynamic range. Not so much discrete as enveloping.

Brian, I also "took a chance" by purchasing this earlier Vocalion mch SACD release: http://hraudio.net/showmusic.php?title=774

Superb recording with a very wide dynamic range. Not so much discrete as enveloping.

I purchased "Upswing" from Vocalion when it came out in the early days of the SACD format. Surprised that they didn't release more original Multichannel SACDs.

I have a couple of these on order based on the recommendations given me. Looking forward to their arrival!

Same here! The two Mancinis and the Montenegro. I hope enough of these sell so that Vocalion decides to release more.

Same here! The two Mancinis and the Montenegro. I hope enough of these sell so that Vocalion decides to release more.

I'd second that.

If I had to guess, additional Mancini SACDs are probably likely than more from Hugo Montenegro.
But then again, who would have thought they would issue 2 Floyd Cramer Multichannel SACDs! :)

I'd second that.

If I had to guess, additional Mancini SACDs are probably likely than more from Hugo Montenegro.
But then again, who would have thought they would issue 2 Floyd Cramer Multichannel SACDs! :)

I actually added one of the Floyd Cramer titles to my purchases which means that I'm getting four of the six titles issued. I really intend to spread the word about these releases as much as I can. I want Vocalion to know that there is support from Quad fans of lighter music. As good as the Perry Como will sound, I simply don't enjoy enough of the songs featured on the disc to justify buying it. I would love Montenegro's Theme from the Godfather and Rocket Man (tribute to Elton John) Quad LPs to come out on one disc. I would also get any other Mancini titles without a doubt.

Question for anyone in the USA who bought this title and received it. How long did it take to arrive once it was ordered? Dutton Vocalion says that mine was shipped on January 6, but it hasn't arrived yet.

I was about to ask the same question, then it arrived. Ordered Dec 26, so probably shipped on Jan 4 or so, got it 1/19. I asked Vocalion about it when I was waiting, got this email:

We shipped that straight away but there’s a problem with international services affecting some overseas parcels. Due to new restrictions some percent of them is subjected for an extra security checks, run by sorting offices. Most of parcels is travelling with usual speed but some are pending for it and might get delayed. All that I can advise is wait, they are all arriving at the end but sometime it might takes longer

Kind regards

Simon

Vocalion Ltd/Dutton Epoch Retail & Export Team

Mine arrived quicker than I expected. I think it was under 2 weeks.

Question for anyone in the USA who bought this title and received it. How long did it take to arrive once it was ordered? Dutton Vocalion says that mine was shipped on January 6, but it hasn't arrived yet.

It was 2 1/2 weeks from order to delivery here.

Back