DVD-A & SACD Lookout List!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A few more I found today...

I've never seen the James Carter disc before. Apparently, it has a surround track as well. I'll give it a spin on the weekend.

Attachments

• chuck.jpg
    chuck.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 290
  • glow dion.jpg
    glow dion.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 292
  • class.jpg
    class.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 282
Nice! I've seen that James Carter used locally, think it used to be available a while back through the BMG club also.

The two classical titles appear to be rare these days, at least based on Amazon listings.

Somwhere there has to be BOXES of this stuff sitting in a corner. I wonder how it all got to Canada?

I am sure there are boxes Jon.

I've been there a few times as they are unloading them... in fact last Sunday I offered to help the cutie unlaoding the box to help. I told her it would save me from taking them back out. :) The first handfull I grabbed contained the BSS I found.

I'm pretty sure it's all Best Buy Canada's 'called back' stock. I don't think any of it came from the States which is why I keep offering encouragment for you folks south of the border to keep an eye out. I think BB U.S. will be doing the same thing in the near future... If I can borrow a digital camera to take a picture of 'the bins' from someone I know, I'll grab a snap so you guys know what to look for.

You know, I've noticed that the selection, in general, at the Best Buys down here in PA has gotten more and more sparse over time and that there are no bargain bins for music at all....still, I keep my fingers crossed every time I go into the local stores :)

I am sure there are boxes Jon.

I've been there a few times as they are unloading them... in fact last Sunday I offered to help the cutie unlaoding the box to help. I told her it would save me from taking them back out. :) The first handfull I grabbed contained the BSS I found.

I'm pretty sure it's all Best Buy Canada's 'called back' stock. I don't think any of it came from the States which is why I keep offering encouragment for you folks south of the border to keep an eye out. I think BB U.S. will be doing the same thing in the near future... If I can borrow a digital camera to take a picture of 'the bins' from someone I know, I'll grab a snap so you guys know what to look for.

I remember multiple (like 6 or 7) copies of Machine Head on DVD-A at one our Bests Buys a couple of years back, including one in a slipcased standard jewel box.

Maybe those will show up back east too.

A few more I found today...

I've never seen the James Carter disc before. Apparently, it has a surround track as well. I'll give it a spin on the weekend.

Glow is a good one. The James Carter was a Single Inventory SACD, so it was pretty common in this area - but in the regular Jazz section vs. the dedicated SACD section.

I think BB U.S. will be doing the same thing in the near future...

I don't know... Watched the hi-rez sections in the local BBs dwindle down to nothing around here. I don't think they called much if anything back to headquarters, because there wasn't anything left. What is left on BB.com is disappearing quickly also. I've never seen a BB sale bin, and haven't seen hi-rez at BB in a long time either. Glad you're finding some though!!

Likewise, I have been occasionally dropping in at the local BBs for several months and have never seen a music sale bin. While there were some scattered SACD titles still on the shelves a couple months back -- say, Clapton, Bowie-Ziggy Stardust, Allman Bros, maybe an Elton John -- they were all gone when I stopped by a couple of days ago. Maybe they're all being shipped up to Ontario, where this one store just can't seem to keep 'em in stock.... :)

Mark Z

Maybe they're all being shipped up to Ontario, where this one store just can't seem to keep 'em in stock.... :)

LMAO! How on Earth did he get so lucky to have this store located nearby? It's almost like winning the lottery! (Or, if not that, then perhaps it's like having a really good streak of winning BINGO!) Either way, I'm jealous. ;)

I found a few more today...

Attachments

• rat.jpg
    rat.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 232
  • di.jpg
    di.jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 241
  • cheap.jpg
    cheap.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 228
LMAO! How on Earth did he get so lucky to have this store located nearby? It's almost like winning the lottery! (Or, if not that, then perhaps it's like having a really good streak of winning BINGO!) Either way, I'm jealous. ;)

It's not one store. It's about 12.

It seems to me that they re-load intermittently, but usually at the same time.

Timing is the key.

Still $47.99 is almost reasonable, considering what they have gone for in the recent past...

It is now at $39.99, including the $13.00 shipping.

Last edited:
The description notes say it's Dolby Digital.

Is there an actual Hi-Rez portion to the disc?

I am unfamiliar with this version.

Back