DVD-A Skipping Problem

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jarofclay73

I've been porting over a bunch of my discs to DVD-A recently and I play them in my Acura TL.

One thing I've been noticing is that on certain tracks, and at different times, my burned DVD-A discs would either momentarily pause, or just go straight to the next track. It's most noticeable on my copy of the DD5.1 tracks of Rush's "Snakes & Arrows."

My commercial DVD-As do not skip at all.

Perhaps I got a bad bunch of DVD-Rs or maybe TDK isn't even a good brand to use for DVD-Rs.

Is there someone who can shed some light on this?

I've been porting over a bunch of my discs to DVD-A recently and I play them in my Acura TL.

One thing I've been noticing is that on certain tracks, and at different times, my burned DVD-A discs would either momentarily pause, or just go straight to the next track. It's most noticeable on my copy of the DD5.1 tracks of Rush's "Snakes & Arrows."

My commercial DVD-As do not skip at all.

Perhaps I got a bad bunch of DVD-Rs or maybe TDK isn't even a good brand to use for DVD-Rs.

Is there someone who can shed some light on this?

When I had my TL I noticed the same thing. Tracks would play and then suddenly stop for no reason. Then it would switch to the next track or just stick.

It seems that the TL player is kind of touchy about DVD-R. Not sure why. I stated using RIDATA (G05 - generation 05) discs and Philips discs (8x or 16x) and burning them at 4x. That seemed to work pretty well. Now that I have the RDX, as long as I burn at 4x, everything I burn plays fine. You might want to try 4x with DVD-A Solo and see if it makes a difference.

IF you are looking to try some different discs, I recommend the Philips and the RIDATA I mentioned. You can get them at www.supermediastore.com for decent prices and great service (no I don't work for them).

Get a decent dvdr burner; i've made many coasters with Samsung and Liteon, when i moved to Pioneer burner everything went smooth as silk.

I use a Plextor and have never had a problem with a DVD-A in either the TL, RL or RDX. (I no longer have the TL)

However, I have had a problem or two with home made DTS CDs. I could never figure it out, for some reason, some just had trouble playing in the TL.

I use a Plextor and have never had a problem with a DVD-A in either the TL, RL or RDX. (I no longer have the TL)

However, I have had a problem or two with home made DTS CDs. I could never figure it out, for some reason, some just had trouble playing in the TL.

What kind of DVD-Rs do you use?

UPDATE: I bought Verbatim DVD-Rs and they work like a charm in the Acura. Somehow it doesn't like the TDKs. :confused:
I had the exact same problem. I was using Memorex or TDK & all skipped. I switched to Verbatim & everything works perfectly. I gave all my previously burned discs to someone who doesn't own an Acura, they play fine at home.

Back