Hi. Need help for Audio_TS only and Audio-DVD

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ctelo

Sorry if it's not the right place of if this has been discussed already. I scrolled back about 5 pages and didn't find it.

It's been a while I've been trying to burn Audio-DVDs, and mainly, DVD-Audio files that only exist in the Audio_TS folder and none in the Video_TS. I don't understand why some albums I download as DVD-Audio sometimes have the normal files only on the Video_TS folder (which I know how to burn) and sometimes only in the Audio_Ts folder, these I've been trying to burn to DVD-Rs and CD-Rs for about 3 years now and it never works on my HT Blu-ray players.

Anyone can help me figure this out?

DVD-A have an AUDIO_TS (for PCM only) & a VIDEO_TS even if the VIDEO_TS is empty.

If all the audio is in the VIDEO_TS folder it will be Dolby, DTS or stereo LPCM, so not a DVD-Audio disc but a DVD-Video disc.

Only a few Blu-ray players (actually Universal players) can play DVD-Audio discs, the majority can't, which maybe why your discs fail.

DVD-A have an AUDIO_TS (for PCM only) & a VIDEO_TS even if the VIDEO_TS is empty.

If all the audio is in the VIDEO_TS folder it will be Dolby, DTS or stereo LPCM, so not a DVD-Audio disc but a DVD-Video disc.

Only a few Blu-ray players (actually Universal players) can play DVD-Audio discs, the majority can't, which maybe why your discs fail.

Thank you for the quick reply.
So just to make it cleear, there is actually no way (I currently own an LG LHB645N HT) to make the files on these Audio_TS folders be playable on my HT?
And such is the case for Audio-DVD, SACD, DSD and such?

Sorry if it's not the right place of if this has been discussed already. I scrolled back about 5 pages and didn't find it.

It's been a while I've been trying to burn Audio-DVDs, and mainly, DVD-Audio files that only exist in the Audio_TS folder and none in the Video_TS.
For anyone thinking of creating there own DVD-Audio discs, you might be interested in this post: New Alan Parsons album "From The New World" out in July! (CD/DVD release)

Sufficed to say... 'Store-bought' DVD-Audio discs (and SACD's) can only be played using a dedicated hardware player. Which are pretty rare these-days and very pricey.

That being said, anyone who has a DVD-Audio disc collection can 'back-up' their discs using a regular DVD/Blu-ray-ROM drive and relevant software!

EDIT: Additional information added.

Last edited:
You mean transforming those audio_ts files into flac? No. If you mean burning flac files to listen on my HT, yes.
You will need a piece of software called DVD Audio Extractor to extract the DVD-Audio Files. If you don't have a lot of them, you might be able to do them all within the trial period window.

DVDAE

You might be interested in this post: New Alan Parsons album "From The New World" out in July! (CD/DVD release)

Sufficed to say... 'Store-bought' DVD-Audio discs (and SACD's) can only be played using a dedicated hardware player. Which are pretty rare these-days and very pricey.

That being said, anyone who has a DVD-Audio disc collection can be 'back-up' their discs using a regular DVD/Blu-ray-ROM drive and relevant software!

Sony UBP-X800 M2 plays dvd-a as well as sacd. Often on sale in the past for $200 or less, but even at the current $250 not what I consider pricey for a universal player- including UHD.

Thank you for the quick reply.
So just to make it cleear, there is actually no way (I currently own an LG LHB645N HT) to make the files on these Audio_TS folders be playable on my HT?
And such is the case for Audio-DVD, SACD, DSD and such?
Your unit will not play DVD-Audio, so nothing in an AUDIO_TS folder, neither will it play SACD discs or any DSD/DSF files.
Looking at the user manual the LHB645N does accept flac files, have you tried that option? LG LHB645N Product Support :Manuals, Warranty & More | LG U.K.
As Robert says it will play .flac files. But looking at the manual, it is only up to 48kHz sample rate and a lot of .flacs are at 96kHz so it can't play them. Plus it may play 5.1 flacs from USB stick, burnt direct to a DVD, or via a network, or it might not, it is not clear as it says

1658348072705.png

You'll need to convert the audio files on the disc to flac, as suggested below and try it.
You might be interested in this post: New Alan Parsons album "From The New World" out in July! (CD/DVD release)

That being said, anyone who has a DVD-Audio disc collection can be 'back-up' their discs using a regular DVD/Blu-ray-ROM drive and relevant software!

Just an FYI. Most Panasonic Bluray Players will play DVD Audio Discs. And, most Sony Bluray Players play SACD discs. The only "Universal" player would be something like an OPPO player. There was a Samsung Universal DVD Player that was very good: Samsung DVD-HD841/XAA DVD. You might find one on Ebay.

@jefffloro,

As previously mentioned by @ProgRules the Sony UBP-X800 M2 does indeed support playback of SACD and DVD-Audio discs. As it's a digital output only player, 'lossless' high-resolution stereo and multi-channel audio is passed via HDMI. So a compatible AVR is required ;)

And for those people who's AVR's don't offer/support onboard DSD decoding, the Sony can be set to transcode DSD to LPCM: -

Sony.PNG

Which is very useful...

Edit: Spelling

Last edited:
It worked for both apps :love:

Extracted the Audio_ts folder into .wav and burned it easily to a cd-r. It even got separeted track by track which I wasn't expecting at all.

Thanks a lot guys. Pink Floyd's Pulse is playing tonight:LB
I assume you mean a DVD-R .

Gaaaaaa.... Incompatibility is the thing I hate most about digital audio. That is why, except for CD and DVD, I have avoided digital audio.

Back