How do you burn a DVD-A file to DVD?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Unless I've missed something, still doesn't work with the beta

Screen Shot 2022-11-20 at 1.57.36 pm.png

Answer: aargh. (At least for right now.)
https://hydrogenaud.io/index.php/topic,123064.0.html
And that answer is from the developer himself. Seems he's adding more features regularly, though:
https://www.foobar2000.org/changelog-mac
Apologies to @Lensflair for hijacking this thread. . . .
No apologies necessary. Having all of this work on a Mac would have been an ideal solution for me. I have an old Macbook that I could have used for this. Sadly, it seems like I am back to the PC option. I am borrowing my son's PC laptop. I have to find a cheap external burner that will burn dual layer DVDs first.

I am a "Macker" and VLC can read the AUDIO_TS folder..i THINK that you can BURN the AUDIO_TS folder using Burn but you have to "open" the ISO so you can burn both the AUDIO and VIDEO_TS

Have been burning a few discs and wasting a few too until I hit the jackpot..
To burn an .iso using Burn,
1-Open "Burn"
2-Go to the "Copy" tab all the way to the right
3-Drag the iso image into Burn (where is states "Drag" or "Drop" here)
4- Click on the "MOUNT" button button below left (VERY IMPORTANT!!!)
5- Click on "Burn" below

Have a ciggie, a beer or a toke or two...
ENJOY

Have been burning a few discs and wasting a few too until I hit the jackpot..
To burn an .iso using Burn,
1-Open "Burn"
2-Go to the "Copy" tab all the way to the right
3-Drag the iso image into Burn (where is states "Drag" or "Drop" here)
4- Click on the "MOUNT" button button below left (VERY IMPORTANT!!!)
5- Click on "Burn" below

Have a ciggie, a beer or a toke or two...
ENJOY
Thank you SO much for your reply. Your instructions were awesome. I tried it. However, several people said that because I have a Sony player, even if it is your own rip, it sees it as copyright infringement, and won't play the file. I don't know if that truly is the case, by when I tried to play the disc last night, it wouldn't play. I just got a big "?" on the screen. Boo.

Thank you SO much for your reply. Your instructions were awesome. I tried it. However, several people said that because I have a Sony player, even if it is your own rip, it sees it as copyright infringement, and won't play the file. I don't know if that truly is the case, by when I tried to play the disc last night, it wouldn't play. I just got a big "?" on the screen. Boo.
Are you trying to create and burn DVD-Audio discs?

When I created my DVD-A test disc, I burned it onto a rewritable disc, which played perfectly on my OPPO UDP-203...

Yeah. Some players will just not play a burned DVDA or SACD disc. In fact very few will play a burned SACD disc. Usually playing the video side of a DVDA disc works, although I don't know about Sony players; it should be like playing a standard DVD basically.
You could try setting up the player to play standard DVD? I know nothing about Sony players however.

What you can try, if the disc has both AUDIO_TS & VIDEO_TS folders, the VIDEO_TS folder will be the "lossy" audio, if you are interested in that. You can use ImgBurn (free) to create an .iso file and burn it to a blank DVD disc and try it in your Sony player, or even try a rewritable DVD disc if you have any. If you want to try it I can walk you through it. It's easy. But you will not have the lossless audio as your Sony player is not going to play it as a DVDA disc.

@Lensflair So I've lost track if this is even the right thread....did you ever get that pc laptop swapped for one with an HDMI port and did you ever get your sound working? Is the drama ceased or are you still in limbo? I want to hear you got something working, dammit! lol.

@Lensflair So I've lost track if this is even the right thread....did you ever get that pc laptop swapped for one with an HDMI port and did you ever get your sound working? Is the drama ceased or are you still in limbo? I want to hear you got something working, dammit! lol.
Yes!! I finally got it to work through the pc! No more drama … for now! Still would like to burn .iso files to disc, but since that doesn’t seem to be an option, at least the pc option works. Thanks again for all the help

Yeah. Some players will just not play a burned DVDA or SACD disc. In fact very few will play a burned SACD disc. Usually playing the video side of a DVDA disc works, although I don't know about Sony players; it should be like playing a standard DVD basically.
You could try setting up the player to play standard DVD? I know nothing about Sony players however.

What you can try, if the disc has both AUDIO_TS & VIDEO_TS folders, the VIDEO_TS folder will be the "lossy" audio, if you are interested in that. You can use ImgBurn (free) to create an .iso file and burn it to a blank DVD disc and try it in your Sony player, or even try a rewritable DVD disc if you have any. If you want to try it I can walk you through it. It's easy. But you will not have the lossless audio as your Sony player is not going to play it as a DVDA disc.
I’ll try that. Thanks.

Yeah. Some players will just not play a burned DVDA or SACD disc.
Many of the earliest DVD-Audio disc have the cinavia watermark. Oppo players ignore the watermark on burned copies but I'm not sure about other players. My car player stops audio after about 20 seconds on burned DVD-Audio discs. Some on here have successfully removed watermarks with Foobar but I never have been able to do that with Foobar. I now just rip the audio to multichannel wav files and drop them into Surcode CD Pro DTS and that is fine for playing in my car.

Semi-random advice here, as I’m not familiar with your player, but I’ve run into a few instances where DVD-R discs don’t play but DVD+R discs do.

I recorded a few parties my parents threw, and I burned the videos to -R discs and sent them out, getting a couple of emails that they wouldn’t play. Sent out new discs that I played on two players in my house as well as a PC and a mac book, still didn’t work on their players. Tried +R discs and everyone was happy. I don’t know the make or model,of those players, but now I only send out +R burns.

Semi-random advice here, as I’m not familiar with your player, but I’ve run into a few instances where DVD-R discs don’t play but DVD+R discs do.

I recorded a few parties my parents threw, and I burned the videos to -R discs and sent them out, getting a couple of emails that they wouldn’t play. Sent out new discs that I played on two players in my house as well as a PC and a mac book, still didn’t work on their players. Tried +R discs and everyone was happy. I don’t know the make or model,of those players, but now I only send out +R burns.
I just grabbed a +R disc from a coworker. I'll give it a shot.

Thanks.

Well . . . success . . . sort of.

When I finished burning the DVD+R on my Mac, it immediately opened on my computer. It didn't do that before. So it worked.

However, it didn't mount on my Sony DVD player.

Boo.

Next dumb question.

I click on the .iso files and I have the 5.1 surround playing through Foobar. Which is awesome! That's really what a wanted. However, the .iso files also have a Video_TS portion. I am not getting any menu or video (or the ability to use the menu). The only thing I see on my tv screen is the PC desktop image. Is there a way to get those files to work also?

Back