Extraordinary Telefunken Receiver with SQ decoder

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
S

sqdave1975

Ebay Item # 3302199108

Check out the pictures, I've never seen anything like this before!

Dave. :eek:

Tkink I might have a go for this, even though I'm not a big SQ fan. Let's face it: how cool does this thing look?! Frighten your neighbours, small pets, visiters and children! Excellent!
Oh, here's my translation of the information on Ebay by the way -this looks like one serious piece of (menacing) kit!

"This receiver is the largest ever constructed of German production. It was a high-value, very well received stereo and (!) Quad-device of 1978. It weighs 23.5 kg. The device was packed with everything possible in German technology. Does not compare to devices of Japanese origin! The German answer on Pioneer SX 1950, Marantz 2500 and similar. In contrast to productions out of Japan the Quad- SQ matrix decoder already is incorporated. In matters of reception the foreign competition was not able to keep up. The device is packed with 173 transistors, 25 IC-s, and 121 Diodes. Frequency gear 4 Hertz until 45 khz. The device has an electronic overload protection control of the final stage and a Thermo-protection control with automatic switching off next to the overload notice. Through it no destruction of the final stage is possible (except with a hammer!) The final stages transistors are mounted on a gigantic, tubular Aluminium sheet metal. The cool air is forwarded by regular air layer. This is a real collectors piece. The device is without dust or soiling, functions 100% flawlessly in the Radio-, and in the stereo and Quadr-amplifier part. The only cosmetic flaws are a single small abrasion on the top.
There are: 6 plus (!) 2 loudspeaker couples (!!), DIN sockets, a 300 Ohm antenna socket as well as 75 Ohm-round bushings. 2 Tape loops, 2x Aux, 3 (!!) Headphone outputs. Bass-, mid and treble heights regulation, 2 fold balance, separately for ahead and behind whereby the balance regulation of the 4 front loudspeakers is subdivided once again. The Radio-Display is for time or frequency. In the device, a clock is incorporated. 7 station keys. Loudness, Mono-switch, Hi- and Low-filter, adjustable monitor-switch. The shift processes are carried out altogether by relay. A Display of 15 different coloured symbols indicates the respective attitudes. The width amounts to 49,4 cm, the height 16,3 cm, the depth 38,6 cm. Further data according to Hifi-annual 9: computer AFC-Automatic, automatic switch on head voting, five place digital notice of the time, the HF-frequency and/or the FM-canals, quartz-time basis for frequency or canal notice, therefore very high vote accuracies. Undisturbed electronic entrance switch. Incorporated SQ-Matrix-Decoder!!!, There is a copy of the instructions and the service documents. Based on the very high weight or the special sensitivity of the device, I dissuade a shipment of the device as no matter how thickly the device is packed up there is the risk of an internal damage in sending with the postal service, who don’t have much respect for fragile items here in Germany. "

WOW! What a teutonic terror! Probably no logic, and looks like no cd4, but the mere presense of the faceplate demands respect! Good luck sorting out the back of that thisng for hooking up your outboard rigs!
Marc8o

Back