fahren, fahren, fahren auf der Autobahn - CD-4!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Calling Michael Dutton........no master tapes or licensing required.....here's your next release.

This is a great find. I had the Q8, and I love the mix very much. One of the favorite Quad titles of all time. But the tape hiss was so awful to listen to at times, I just ran the stereo record through a Quad decoder. Despite the price, I hope someone here gets the record.

At what point do I apply my knowledge of German and correct the mondogreen? (It’s irrelevant of course but bahn bahn bahn is annoying 😬)

Sorry - Fixed it. I was going for a different approach, but now it's legit

There was a time when I would bid on this. Not anymore, but you could rationalize it by grabbing it, converting it, then reselling it. But the chance that the LP is in bad shape is always there, and if it were played over the years without a CD-4 cart the carrier could possibly be damaged. It's a real crap shoot.

Where are you QpS? :) (Sorry)

Not that we could know the condition of the record by it’s looks, but it would be great to see pictures of the record (both sides) without the white sleeve. It might also be a good idea to contact seller and ask a few questions before bidding. This is a very rare record.

Let's hope that for authenticy's sake the title track fades to silence at 21 mins and then fades up again for the last minute!

Not sure I would have gone that high in the old days. I do remember when QQ member 'heaterwarehouse' went to $900 for the Jackson 5 CD-4. That was a trip (and almost 20 years ago). There is probably a thread in the forum about that one.

We'll see if the winner shows up around these parts. I hope the LP is in great, playable shape

Back