Films (Almost Entirely Surround)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Big Lebowski (1998) 4K:
1. Probably the least impressive 4K disc I've seen. Lacking all the detail you'd expect from a new 4K scan of the negative so I can only assume that they've just upscaled the previous scan. Colours look good though. Overall, it's not bad.
2. DTS-X (5.1 at my place) didn't have any stand-out discrete moments that I remember. Sometimes it's all coming from the fronts while other times it's "all-around" surround action. Again, it's not bad - it's just not that impressive.
3. I haven't seen it for years though and found it still to be an entertaining watch. Good times.

NOW available from Kino Lorber the Native UHD4K remaster of

https://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Some-Like-It-Hot-4K-Blu-ray/299597/#Review
81A38SMCnCL._SL1500_.jpg

True Detective - Season 1 (BD):
1. Thought I'd give these 3 seasons another spin: Amazon.com: True Detective: The Complete Seasons 1-3 : Various, Various: Movies & TV and started Season 1 last night.
2. Quite surprised to hear discrete surround activity most of the time (although I'm not sure where the keyboard that's making all the typing sounds is in relation to longhaired Matthew's 2012 interview - it's coming from the left surround but that's where the younger detective is sitting - but hey, at least they're using all my speakers!).
3. Some very loud lows so had to drop the sub a bit.
4. Pretty entertaining series with less filler "character development" than most padded 10 hour stories these days. Still could have stood to lose half of it. Looking forward to checking out the other seasons again when I get to them.

Last edited:
That’s not why I bought it, happen to like the movies & ST’s, you think I buy something because it’s labeled LIMITED?! I usually don’t😁

I buy what I want to play/watch/hear
Dude, I really haven't given much thought to what you buy because I am too busy buying shit myself, but I know you have a lot of cool stuff. I was commenting more on the ubiquitous term "limited edition" in general.
By the way I have already pre-ordered it as well so I am right there in the boat with you on this one.

That’s not why I bought it, happen to like the movies & ST’s, you think I buy something because it’s labeled LIMITED?! I usually don’t😁

I buy what I want to play/watch/hear
Dude, I really haven't given much thought to what you buy because I am too busy buying shit myself, but I know you have a lot of cool stuff. I was commenting more on the ubiquitous term "limited edition" in general.
By the way I have already pre-ordered it as well so I am right there in the boat with you on this one.

We are ALL Limited Editions, unless of course, you both have Evil Twins!😈

It’s all good buddy, I know what you meant 😂

Just been very verbal lately😂😂😂

Back