Films (Almost Entirely Surround)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So how many 3D movies were released on Blu Ray and how many are in your collection? 🤔
Hard to estimate worldwide, Mr. E. My guesstimate .... probably over 300.

I have about 125 3D BD~V movies in my collection as well as some duplicates. The last two I added to my collection: Dune Part I and Avatar: The Way of Water.

As of yet, Dune Part Two has not been announced as a 3D title by Warner ...but there's always hope!

And my new SONY Laser projector is 3D READY!

COMING AT YA ..... MR. E

Last edited:
Well, it hasn’t failed in my house!
I've never owned a 3D TV, and the only 3D movies I've ever seen(in the theater, notin anyone's home) are "Avatar," and "Journey To The Center of the Earth" (with Brendan Fraser). Avatar was great and Journey was just okay. Hold onto your 3D TV's because, when they're gone, they're gone!

From Warner Archives and director Francis Ford Coppola YOU'RE A BIG BOY NOW [1080p/DTS~HD MA 2.0 MONO] Actually Coppola's Master Thesis film while attending UCLA. Great cast includes Geraldine Page, Rip Torn, Elizabeth Hartman and the debut of Karen Black. Music by the Lovin' Spoonful

https://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Youre-a-Big-Boy-Now-Blu-ray/357850/#Review

30928_11_large.jpg

PETER KASTNER and KAREN BLACK

Yeak, Mr. E, she WAS cross~eyed! But she did appear in a lot of movies unless those talent agents got their wires crossed!

Read on Mr. E

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Karen_Black
As I reconsider it now, I realize that what I disliked was the fact that she was often cast in the role of a woman was not particularly intelligent. This is true of her in Five Easy Pieces, a movie that I love despite the fact that Black and Sally Struthers both played women with not much going on from the neck up. Of course, this is just one man’s opinion and YMMV.

Screenshot 2024-05-22 at 8.55.00 AM.png

June 18th release. I love this new artwork.

Brand new 4K remaster from the original negative by Arrow Films
  • 4K (2160p) Ultra HD Blu-ray presentation in Dolby Vision (HDR10 compatible)
  • Original mono, stereo and 5.1 audio options
  • Optional English subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing
  • Brand new audio commentary with film critic Adrian Martin
  • Brand new interview with writer/director Paul Schrader
  • Six Ways to Sunday, a brand new interview with actor Héctor Elizondo on detecting his character.
  • The Business of PLEASURE, a brand new interview with actor Bill Duke on Leon’s profession
  • Montages and Monologues, a brand new interview with editor Richard Halsey on putting American Gigolo together
  • The Non-Conformist, a brand new interview with camera operator King Baggot on American Gigolo
  • Man Machine, a brand new interview with music supervisor & KCRW DJ Dan Wilcox on the music of Giorgio Moroder
  • American Icon, a brand new interview with Professor Jennifer Clark on American Gigolo and the fashion landscape of the 80s
  • Original trailer
  • Image gallery
  • Reversible sleeve featuring original and newly commissioned artwork by Tommy Pocket
  • Double-sided foldout poster featuring original and newly commissioned artwork by Tommy Pocket
  • Six postcard-sized reproduction artcards
  • Illustrated collector’s booklet featuring new writing on the film by Neil Sinyard, an archival article by Bill Nichols, and original pressbook materials

View attachment 105812
June 18th release. I love this new artwork.

Brand new 4K remaster from the original negative by Arrow Films
  • 4K (2160p) Ultra HD Blu-ray presentation in Dolby Vision (HDR10 compatible)
  • Original mono, stereo and 5.1 audio options
  • Optional English subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing
  • Brand new audio commentary with film critic Adrian Martin
  • Brand new interview with writer/director Paul Schrader
  • Six Ways to Sunday, a brand new interview with actor Héctor Elizondo on detecting his character.
  • The Business of PLEASURE, a brand new interview with actor Bill Duke on Leon’s profession
  • Montages and Monologues, a brand new interview with editor Richard Halsey on putting American Gigolo together
  • The Non-Conformist, a brand new interview with camera operator King Baggot on American Gigolo
  • Man Machine, a brand new interview with music supervisor & KCRW DJ Dan Wilcox on the music of Giorgio Moroder
  • American Icon, a brand new interview with Professor Jennifer Clark on American Gigolo and the fashion landscape of the 80s
  • Original trailer
  • Image gallery
  • Reversible sleeve featuring original and newly commissioned artwork by Tommy Pocket
  • Double-sided foldout poster featuring original and newly commissioned artwork by Tommy Pocket
  • Six postcard-sized reproduction artcards
  • Illustrated collector’s booklet featuring new writing on the film by Neil Sinyard, an archival article by Bill Nichols, and original pressbook materials
Another installment of “Let’s spend Ralphie’s money.” In all truth, “American Gigolo” oozed with sartorial style. And no one does a morality play quite like Paul Schrader!

Another installment of “Let’s spend Ralphie’s money.” In all truth, “American Gigolo” oozed with sartorial style. And no one does a morality play quite like Paul Schrader!
Lo and behold, Mr. E, I had a brief 'encounter' with writer/director Paul Schrader at a private screening of TAXI DRIVER in Manhattan while taking a film course at SUNY, Purchase [NY]. Martin Scorsese was supposed to be there but had a sudden asthma attack so Schrader filled in for him. Very nice gentleman!

As far as American Gigolo.....am in NO rush to upgrade my existing Blu ray copy. Will wait for Black Friday when Amazon blows it out for 10 bucks! LOL!

Lo and behold, Mr. E, I had a brief 'encounter' with writer/director Paul Schrader at a private screening of TAXI DRIVER in Manhattan while taking a film course at SUNY, Purchase [NY]. Martin Scorsese was supposed to be there but had a sudden asthma attack so Schrader filled in for him. Very nice gentleman!

As far as American Gigolo.....am in NO rush to upgrade my existing Blu ray copy. Will wait for Black Friday when Amazon blows it out for 10 bucks! LOL!
Did Mr. Schrader ask, “are you talking to me?” 🤣

Even after Black Friday your video queue will still be too loaded for you to get around to watching it any sooner!

IMG_0676.png

Another 'Brief Encounter' while taking that film course was a chance meeting with Horror Meister Wes Craven and his 'lead' actor David Hess who starred in his $90K budgeted 1972 film 'Last House On The Left!' Both were WEIRD! What made that film course even more salacious ... our teacher who shall remain unnamed was 'boffing' one of his students who made Karen Black look like a Rhodes Scholar...and had a precocious 'brat' of a son named Vladimir!

SUCH DRAMA, Mr.E! GLAD I'm a mortician!

Talk about queue depth, The Three Musketeers: Part I D'artagnan (BluRay) popped to the top of mine due to it being a library item.
They did an outstanding job with it and I look forward to Part II and hopefully a 4k release for the pair which I would pick up.

Another 'Brief Encounter' while taking that film course was a chance meeting with Horror Meister Wes Craven and his 'lead' actor David Hess who starred in his $90K budgeted 1972 film 'Last House On The Left!' Both were WEIRD! What made that film course even more salacious ... our teacher who shall remain unnamed was 'boffing' one of his students who made Karen Black look like a Rhodes Scholar...and had a precocious 'brat' of a son named Vladimir!

SUCH DRAMA, Mr.E! GLAD I'm a mortician!
Charles Addams and Edward Gorey would certainly understand.

Just watched "Run Lola Run", 5.1, on Amazon Prime. German subtitles. Great very surrounding soundtrack at times reminding me a bit of Kraftwerk (it wasn't).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Run_Lola_Run

"Soundtrack[edit]
The soundtrack, by Tykwer, Johnny Klimek, and Reinhold Heil, includes numerous musical quotations of the sustained string chords of The Unanswered Question, an early 20th-century chamber ensemble work by American composer Charles Ives. In the original work, the chords are meant to represent "the Silences of the Druids—who Know, See and Hear Nothing".

The techno soundtrack established dialectical relation between motives of the movie: Rhythm, Repetition, and Interval among various spatio-temporal logics. This produces unification of contradictions like Time and Space or The cyclical and the linear."

Back