Forthcoming Perry Farrell box set The Glitz; The Glamour with Atmos Blu-Ray

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Juggsnelson

300 Club - QQ All-Star
QQ Supporter
It appears we have a new Atmos mix release on the horizon!

The new 68-track box set from Perry Farrell concentrates on extra-curricular activities such as Farrell’s early years with post-punk collective Psi Com, 2001 debut solo album Songs Yet to be Sung; Ultra Payloaded, the one and only album from the short-lived band Satellite Party, the fairly recent Kind Heaven (a Farrell solo album from 2019) and a disc of remixes by UNKLE, Maceo Plex, Groove Armada, and more. All that is covered by six CDs but The Glitz; The Glamour also comes with a blu-ray featuring a Dolby Atmos surround mix of the Kind Heaven record along with three new Atmos-mixed tracks from the remix record.

I like what I’m hearing through Spotify, Kind Heaven that is. ‘Snakes Have Many Hips’, hahaha :D. I just ordered the box at a little under 70 Euros including shipping to NL, looking forward to the Atmos mix and the book too. If I like the other stuff in the package, all the better. I’ll let you know what I think of the Atmos mix when it arrives :)(y)
JPC (DE) link: JPC Glitz and Glamour

I think you will enjoy it @JNL I have it. The Kind Heaven surround mix including Atmos is good.
The little booklet has good writing by Perry Farrell that I really enjoyed.
The other CD's, albeit not hit makers are nice to listen to.
A late reply, but indeed I like it! Right now I'm revisiting the Atmos mix and it's so much fun, just like the music itself actually! Fidelity is not the best I ever heard, but many songs are great and the Atmos mix sure adds to the appeal. There's no poll for this, I guess I'd vote 8. I really like the little book in the box as well!

I'd forgotten about this one. :rolleyes:
Bought it just after its release when Amazon dropped the price for a while

Tricky to find at a reasonable price now but if you can, I recommend it.

Perry is an enigma with his take on Indie Rock Music.

I find the mix good and interesting.
And I like his music.

Any chance of a Poll, ta

https://www.discogs.com/release/17226265-Perry-Farrell-The-Glitz-The-Glamour

Always surprised this never got a Voting Poll on QQ.

I have this set since it's release in 2021.
DISCOGS NOTES

Very good in content and reading.
6 CD's
1 BD with (5.1 Kind Heaven) and (Atmos Kind Heaven), the onscreen for the Atmos is quite an imginary show of graphics.

The outside box is glossy silver, where gloves.

Back