Gentle Giant "The Missing Piece (Steven Wilson Remix)" CD/Blu-ray set w/ Atmos, 5.1 and stereo (2/16/2024-Alucard)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I’ll be happy if and when “The Missing Piece” is finally shipped! Ordered right away in January, just received word from Amazon that it is again delayed. Should have tried a different vendor, it seems…
Just received the shipping delay message from Amazon as well. Unfortunately, no new estimated delivery date. Not sure if other vendors are similarly impacted. :(
Amazon gave me a new estimated date of April 9.

Any chance it has to do with the inability to move through Baltimore at the normal shipping pace?

The collapse of the Francis Scott Key Bridge in Baltimore — and the necessary closure of the city's main port — is expected to delay shipping activity that reaches much of the U.S.

Some ships that would have gone to Baltimore are now rerouting to other ports, which could cause delays of weeks or more. Some vessels are now waiting near Annapolis or near Norfolk, Virginia, until they get new destinations elsewhere on the Eastern Seaboard.

Industry analysts expect reshuffling cargo may add short waits or minor extra expense to shipping costs. But other East Coast ports are expected to take up much of the traffic that would have moved through Baltimore, which means a prolonged slowdown in shipping to and from the U.S. is unlikely.
https://www.krtv.com/what-baltimore-s-port-closure-will-mean-for-shipping-times-costs

Any chance it has to do with the inability to move through Baltimore at the normal shipping pace?

The collapse of the Francis Scott Key Bridge in Baltimore — and the necessary closure of the city's main port — is expected to delay shipping activity that reaches much of the U.S.

Some ships that would have gone to Baltimore are now rerouting to other ports, which could cause delays of weeks or more. Some vessels are now waiting near Annapolis or near Norfolk, Virginia, until they get new destinations elsewhere on the Eastern Seaboard.

Industry analysts expect reshuffling cargo may add short waits or minor extra expense to shipping costs. But other East Coast ports are expected to take up much of the traffic that would have moved through Baltimore, which means a prolonged slowdown in shipping to and from the U.S. is unlikely.
https://www.krtv.com/what-baltimore-s-port-closure-will-mean-for-shipping-times-costs
There is an Amazon hub right in that area. So it's possible.
I guess if it's just US customers affected then that could be the culprit.

After receiving my delayed notice earlier today, I just got an updated notice saying that it was shipped with a new expected arrival on April 5. It seems this delay is affecting orders shipped and in the pipeline, so the bridge collapse/port shutdown could already be having an effect.

Missing Piece indeed.....my copy was supposed to be in the pipeline and I got emails it was being delivered today
It goes from that to Amazon asking me to approve a delay and now I have no expected delivery date.
What is up with this?

A bit of consolation (mine won't be here for a while) - but it IS in Atmos on Amazon Music (and probably Apple)!

Apparently not all retailers are affected. It looks like it's in stock at lasercd.com, but I'm keeping my Amazon order.

Mine is arriving today from amazon, i’m in Spain at the moment so have asked them to deliver to my neighbour, last time I did that they ignored me and stuffed it into my letter box with a large portion of the package sticking out!!! I’m not home for another 3 weeks so fingers crossed my neighbour is in

Mine is arriving today from amazon, i’m in Spain at the moment so have asked them to deliver to my neighbour, last time I did that they ignored me and stuffed it into my letter box with a large portion of the package sticking out!!! I’m not home for another 3 weeks so fingers crossed my neighbour is in
:unsure: Two weeks In Spain :)

Back