Good Stereo cartridge & Stylus - recommendations?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's interesting. Thank you indeed for that - but may I ask what is so much better about the 2M Black one to justify such a price hike? What will it do sonically, or is it something else?
Please excuse ignorance here - this is a genuine search for knowledge (and a cartridge/stylus)
I've posted a reply but it hasn't appeared yet. It was about the Shibata stylus that the 2M black uses.

I posted a link to an interesting (but maybe not entirely accurate) demonstration.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=smtj1qT1m28
G

That's plain enough, Christopher. Much appreciated.
(We're talking about the old Garrard, not the Pro-Jekt deck here yes??)

yes from what I can tell if you own a garrard gt-35 then , the basic 2m ortofon is the best solution..

if however you have a garrard 301 or 401 modified with a nice tonearm or a project 10.1 then start going beserk with a 2m black or the goldring I mentioned..

and the if you upgrade the electronics (the mc input on the cambridge is fairly basic to put it mildly)then go for an ortofon moving coil..(my old favourite was the mc25 series no longer made but ne wold stock is around)

Seems like a lot of work to go through just upgrade a Garrard. Think I'll sit back an enjoy my Dual 1229 and Grado Gold 1.

yes from what I can tell if you own a garrard gt-35 then , the basic 2m ortofon is the best solution..

if however you have a garrard 301 or 401 modified with a nice tonearm or a project 10.1 then start going beserk with a 2m black or the goldring I mentioned..

and the if you upgrade the electronics (the mc input on the cambridge is fairly basic to put it mildly)then go for an ortofon moving coil..(my old favourite was the mc25 series no longer made but ne wold stock is around)

Thanks again.
I must stress though that the preamp in the Cambridge Audio was not the stock one - I had it added in specially, but cannot now remember what was fitted. It is definitely not the stock one though.....

Back