Great deal on Telarc/Concord/Fantasy SACDs

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I bought from this link last night: http://www.concordmusicgroup.com/promos/summer/

From this QQ thread: Concord Jazz June Blowout Sale
https://www.quadraphonicquad.com/forums/showthread.php?p=95056#post95056

I bought 18 titles (1 was free, plus free shipping) for $101.66, plus CA tax for $110.05. What a great deal! Although I shouldn't be buying anything more this month. I guess I can live on soup for the rest of the month :), but deals like this don't happen too often if at all. I bought these titles, many I've wanted in the past from seeing them at Fry's and online, but hesitated. I'm glad I waited.

Amadeus
Al Di Meola - Consequence Of Chaos
Spyro Gyra - The Deep End
Spyro Gyra - Original Cinema
Spyro Gyra - In Modern Times
Spyro Gyra - Wrapped In A Dream
A Mormon Tabernacle Choir Christmas
Hiromi - Brain
Hiromi - Another Mind
Los Angeles Guitar Quartet - Spin
Los Angeles Guitar Quartet - LAGQ
Tierney Sutton - Dancing In The Dark
Hiroshima - The Bridge
Tierney Sutton - Something Cool
Ladysmith Black Mambazo - Long Walk To Freedom
Michael Brecker - Pilgrimage
Jerry Goldsmith & London Symphony Orchestra - The Film Music Of Jerry Goldsmith
Monty Alexander, Sly Dunbar & Robbie Shakespeare - Monty Meets Sly And Robbie

I scored another half dozen SACDs ... I'd been flipping the coin on Ladysmith Black Mambazo, but at $6 a pop, pretty hard to pass up. Also filled out on Albert King and I'd been meaning to try out a Sea Symphony anyways.

*I was happy to see all the stuff I paid $19 each for last time I stopped in was still going for the same price ... ;)

I bought from this link last night: http://www.concordmusicgroup.com/promos/summer/

From this QQ thread: Concord Jazz June Blowout Sale
https://www.quadraphonicquad.com/forums/showthread.php?p=95056#post95056

I think the sale is over, I get a different page than the "June Blowout Sale" and SACD titles have gone back to their high prices - as far as I've seen. I was able to pick up at $5.98 each:

Monica Mancini- Ultimate Mancini
Randy Brecker And Michael Brecker - Some Skunk Funk
Art Pepper - Gettin' Together!
Cannonball Adderley & Milt Jackson - Things Are Getting Better
Junior Wells - Come On In This House
Albert King - I'll Play The Blues For You
Ladysmith Black Mambazo - Ilembe: Honoring Shaka
Ladysmith Black Mambazo - Raise Your Spirit Higher
Mormon Tabernacle Choir With Orchestra At Temple Square
Erich Kunzel & Cincinnati Pops Orchestra - Got Swing!

The sale is dead, at least for the time being. I believe the sale was supposed to end June 30th but there was a 20% off code, CMG, which was not supposed to be used in addition to the $5.98 and buy 10 get 1 free, but it was accepted by the site. The result, SACD's for $4.30 delivered was absurd and Concord would probably be better off to run over them with a steamroller.

Chris

The sale is dead, at least for the time being. I believe the sale was supposed to end June 30th but there was a 20% off code, CMG, which was not supposed to be used in addition to the $5.98 and buy 10 get 1 free, but it was accepted by the site. The result, SACD's for $4.30 delivered was absurd and Concord would probably be better off to run over them with a steamroller.

Chris

Crap, I didn't use the discount code - did not know about it. 29 titles x $1.68 (the 20% off code on each title) = $48.72 I could have saved. SACD's for $4.30 delivered, no wonder they ended it.

The deal was over, however the deal was still in my shopping cart from picking out titles earlier this morning, so I went for it again. Even at $5.98 I've got a good deal. Problem is now I have no where to put discs anymore!

I think the sale is over, I get a different page than the "June Blowout Sale" and SACD titles have gone back to their high prices - as far as I've seen. I was able to pick up at $5.98 each:

Monica Mancini- Ultimate Mancini
Randy Brecker And Michael Brecker - Some Skunk Funk
Art Pepper - Gettin' Together!
Cannonball Adderley & Milt Jackson - Things Are Getting Better
Junior Wells - Come On In This House
Albert King - I'll Play The Blues For You
Ladysmith Black Mambazo - Ilembe: Honoring Shaka
Ladysmith Black Mambazo - Raise Your Spirit Higher
Mormon Tabernacle Choir With Orchestra At Temple Square
Erich Kunzel & Cincinnati Pops Orchestra - Got Swing!

Good deal. You have some very nice SACDs on that list !

Thanks! I owe my great fortune to the wisdom and friendship of all the QQ members. :smokin

I didn't use it either but I thought one promotion had ended and a new one started which was probably what was supposed to have happened. I haven't gotten any order confirmation by email although my account history shows everything processing.

Chris

I had placed one order earlier of 10 - $5.98 + 1 free and was working on a second order. My cart still had eight $5.98 items showing and I was able to check-out using the 20% off coupon today, Saturday. Seems to have accepted fine so I would suggest everyone check to see if they had sale items in their cart to still take advantage of the sale and coupon.

All sales prices are still in effect as far as I can tell, I just placed this order. The items must be added to the cart to see the sales price which of course makes the job a little more difficult. I went ahead and carried through just now:

Items to ShipArtist Album Catalog Number Ships Qty Availability Price
Hiromi Another Mind 63558 1 In-Stock $0.00
Ray Charles & The Count Basie Orchestra Ray Sings, Basie Swings 63679 1 In-Stock $5.98
Al Di Meola Consequence Of Chaos 63649 1 In-Stock $5.98
Ann Hampton Callaway Blues In The Night 63641 1 In-Stock $5.98
Erich Kunzel & Cincinnati Pops Orchestra Round-Up 60141 1 In-Stock $5.98
Albert King I'll Play The Blues For You SXSA-3009-6 1 In-Stock $5.98
Yellowjackets Altered State HUSA9097 1 In-Stock $5.98
Ray Charles Genius Loves Company SACD-1033-6 1 In-Stock $5.98
Monica Mancini Ultimate Mancini SACD-1034-6 1 In-Stock $5.98
Dave Brubeck Private Brubeck Remembers 63605 1 In-Stock $5.98
Tierney Sutton Dancing In The Dark 63592 1 In-Stock $5.98
TotalsSubtotal $59.80
Coupon:CMG ($11.96)
Sales Tax $0.00
Total $47.84
Using code CMG for another 20% off.

Chris

Now, whether or not Concord honors that order likely depends on whether or not the original advertisement that indicated prices good through June 30th was correct.

Chris

It is crazy that those SACD were cheaper than their CD counterparts, especially since a lot of them are hybrids, that have a CD layer too :mad:@:

Oops, looks like it's over?
The items must be added to the cart to see the sales price
Ah, pfww, I made it in time. Too bad the shipping cost for me equal the price of 2 SACDs (at these low prices). But I suppose this won't come back.

Last edited:
Now, whether or not Concord honors that order likely depends on whether or not the original advertisement that indicated prices good through June 30th was correct.

Chris

Yes. Well they've charged my CC card so I expect my orders. I did not get a conformation e-mail - although I've ordered only once before a long time ago, not sure if I got one until shipment went out with shipping #.

The Al Di Meola SACD showed as $18.95 in the catalog, but changed to $5.95 when I added it to the cart! Cool!

J. D.

Yes, promo code still works, had to remember which were on sale using the "show all" SACD link at post #13 of this thread. These 11 titles were $52.77 (free shipping, plus CA tax). Hope these are good one's!

David Russell - Art Of The Guitar
Ann Hampton Callaway - Blues In The Night
Michel Camilo - Rhapsody In Blue
Yellowjackets - Altered State
Dave Brubeck - Private Brubeck Remembers 6
Mel Torme And George Shearing - A Vintage Year
Doc Powell - 97th & Columbus
Erich Kunzel & Cincinnati Pops Orchestra - Scary Music
Robert Spano & Atlanta Symphony Orchestra - Gandolfi: The Garden of Cosmic Speculation
Erich Kunzel & Cincinnati Pops Orchestra - Epics
Erich Kunzel & Cincinnati Pops Orchestra - Masters and Commanders

Altogether 40 discs for $227.55 - divided by 40 = $5.69 per disc.

Yes, promo code still works, had to remember which were on sale using the "show all" SACD link at post #13 of this thread. These 11 titles were $52.77 (free shipping, plus CA tax). Hope these are good one's!

David Russell - Art Of The Guitar
Ann Hampton Callaway - Blues In The Night
Michel Camilo - Rhapsody In Blue
Yellowjackets - Altered State
Dave Brubeck - Private Brubeck Remembers 6
Mel Torme And George Shearing - A Vintage Year
Doc Powell - 97th & Columbus
Erich Kunzel & Cincinnati Pops Orchestra - Scary Music
Robert Spano & Atlanta Symphony Orchestra - Gandolfi: The Garden of Cosmic Speculation
Erich Kunzel & Cincinnati Pops Orchestra - Epics
Erich Kunzel & Cincinnati Pops Orchestra - Masters and Commanders

Altogether 40 discs for $227.55 - divided by 40 = $5.69 per disc.

Don't worry - you nabbed some good ones there! From a Surround Perspective, Scary Music is a kick - even has DSD recorded Sound Effects by Michael Bishop!

Wow, thank you Chris for letting us know about this indescribable deal! I thought $9.51 per SACD was amazing several months ago, and now I'm speechless! 22 SACDs for only $4.35 each! Pinch me, I still can't believe I checked out with 22 SACDs for less than $96!!!! :mad:@:

Now I've got to research some of these Telarc classical discs I don't have. But, for $4.35, I'm not sure why...I should just pick up what I don't have and worry about whether I'll like it or not later! ;)

If we weren't sure what Concord was going to do about SACD...I think we now have the answer. :(

Thanks again!
Josh :)

If we weren't sure what Concord was going to do about SACD...I think we now have the answer. :(

Thanks again!
Josh :)

Of course no more SACD releases won't surprise anybody but of more concern to me is whether or not the Concord Music Group can remain intact with a great group of artists. If there is a market for high resolution surround, Concord and the affiliates have shown me that the company can do a great job so all that is needed is a market and format that can be profitable. SACD wasn't it. I am going to check, but I bet I own more surround titles from CMG than any other music company after I receive this purchase.

Chris

Back