Guns N‘ Roses - Appetite For Destruction Locked N’ Loaded Edition

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So, less than six months after release (and less than two months after a $300 "one day only" Halloween price drop) the Locked N' Loaded box has now sunk to $499, and has a new list price of $749, to boot.

I can't say I'm surprised, but at the same time, I feel pretty bad for anyone who parted with $999 for this only months ago. Surely, most who bought at that price would have anticipated a near sell-out, or at worst, cutting the price by $200-$300 to blow out the last remaining sets, but even I am surprised with how quickly and heavily the box has been discounted. Clearly, it must not have sold well at all.

It will be interesting to see if it needs to drop further in price. Personally, as a fan, my sweet spot for it would have been $299, but that would have been without buying the Super Deluxe Edition, so I think I'd only buy the Locked N' Loaded box for perhaps $100, now.

Last edited:
So, less than six months after release (and less than two months after a $300 "one day only" Halloween price drop) the Locked N' Loaded box has now sunk to $499, and has a new list price of $749, to boot.

I can't say I'm surprised, but at the same time, I feel pretty bad for anyone who parted with $999 for this only months ago. Surely, most who bought at that price would have anticipated a near sell-out, or at worst, cutting the price by $200-$300 to blow out the last remaining sets, but even I am surprised with how quickly and heavily the box has been discounted. Clearly, it must not have sold well at all.

It will be interesting to see if it needs to drop further in price. Personally, as a fan, my sweet spot for it would have been $299, but that would have been without buying the Super Deluxe Edition, so I think I'd only buy the Locked N' Loaded box for perhaps $100, now.

For me...there is still an interest in that set.... (even though I bought the super deluxe edition)...not for the vinyl...but for that 32GB USB stick with the contents of the CDs in hi rez...especially the songs from Sound City...that place was sort of "magical"...yes the building was a dump...but from a sonic standpoint....countless artists have said that the acoustics really enhanced the sound of their music...I don't know if that is true or that the huge amount of drugs they consumed while playing there might have been an explanation...anyway...I've been curious for awhile about these hi rez applications to the music in these box sets...it all started with the Grateful Dead offering...I can't seem to shake this desire....this offer would add $30 for shipping and $37.03 for tax....I will have to revisit this idea with the price drop...

Guns N‘ Roses - Appetite For Destruction - Super Deluxe Edition

Still waiting for a $50.00 price, I might never get it.

But, got from a friend (the blu-ray audio rip) the only thing that I want from the set.

Regards,

If it ever goes to $299.99 with shipping and taxes included they have me but not until then.

Why you ask.....well as I stated I think the day it was released that they made WAY TOO MANY of these (10000 to be exact, if that is a REAL number?) and at the price point of $999.99, which is totally insane, even at $499.99 they still won’t sell many!!

Greedy BAST$&@S!!!

If it ever goes to $299.99 with shipping and taxes included they have me but not until then.

Why you ask.....well as I stated I think the day it was released that they made WAY TOO MANY of these (10000 to be exact, if that is a REAL number?) and at the price point of $999.99, which is totally insane, even at $499.99 they still won’t sell many!!

Greedy BAST$&@S!!!

I'm curious...looking at your forum title....do you sell music related items?

I'm curious...looking at your forum title....do you sell music related items?
Yes I do.....just as kind of a hobby, but looking to maybe making it a real business someday. I think I’ve got some ideas that could turn the record industry back to making money like in the good old days. But those ideas I’m keeping hush, hush 😀😀

Yes I do.....just as kind of a hobby, but looking to maybe making it a real business someday. I think I’ve got some ideas that could turn the record industry back to making money like in the good old days. But those ideas I’m keeping hush, hush 😀😀

Can you provide a link to your site?

Thanks.

$39.00 more to go to $50.00

Like I said before, It might never get to that price.

I wish for an stand-alone Blu-ray Audio release.

Regards,
Yeah me too, This is one I'm lusting after but cant really afford. Especially with all the other great recent releases I have gotten ... Beatles, Lenon, Hendrix

Welcome to the jungle:oops: I mean forum....I don't see a standalone version of this being released in disc form...maybe someday in a download...hope springs eternal...whether it's considered money grabbing or not is just a waste of time...it won't change anything...there are plenty of other surround discs to buy at more reasonable prices...let us show you other options by being an active member....the force is strong on here:cool: use it to your advantage
Welcome to the jungle:oops: I mean forum....I don't see a standalone version of this being released in disc form...maybe someday in a download...hope springs eternal...whether it's considered money grabbing or not is just a waste of time...it won't change anything...there are plenty of other surround discs to buy at more reasonable prices...let us show you other options by being an active member....the force is strong on here:cool: use it to your advantage(y)
Hello Clint
I have just done a rather silly thing I was looking on amazon and saw the
Guns N' Roses - Appetite For Destruction 'Locked n' Loaded' SUPER DELUXE Set NEW for £99.84 and could not stop myself from saying buy it you fool,I don't really want the CD,s only the blu ray but I suppose I can play them in the car.I never thought I would ever pay that much for some music disks as at the end of the day that is all it is.If you can,t remember you where the first person to answer my post in july last year about this release.
ATB
kennethbg

Hello Clint
My Guns & Roses Came today I must admit it is a much bigger box than I was expecting I will probably leave it sealed until I can play it properly and so really enjoy it.I also ordered two sacds today after going on the site and seeing a link to Dutton Vocalion who I had never heard of.I have ordered

CDSML8538
The Guess Who - Road Food & #10 [SACD Hybrid Multi-channel
CDSML8548
George Benson - Body Talk [SACD Hybrid Multi-channel]
it just goes to show that putting links on the site certainly pays off.Are there many more sites that I have never heard of I have had disks of off Audio Fidelity before but that's about it.
I hope to hear from you soon.
kennethbg

Hello Clint
My Guns & Roses Came today I must admit it is a much bigger box than I was expecting I will probably leave it sealed until I can play it properly and so really enjoy it.I also ordered two sacds today after going on the site and seeing a link to Dutton Vocalion who I had never heard of.I have ordered

CDSML8538
The Guess Who - Road Food & #10 [SACD Hybrid Multi-channel
CDSML8548
George Benson - Body Talk [SACD Hybrid Multi-channel]
it just goes to show that putting links on the site certainly pays off.Are there many more sites that I have never heard of I have had disks of off Audio Fidelity before but that's about it.
I hope to hear from you soon.
kennethbg

Yes that box is HUGE....Dutton offers amazing audio quality...it appears you have problems finding out about new releases...of course there is the forum:D but you could sign up for emails from SDE do you live in the UK or US...there is Gloucester, Mass...and Gloucester in the UK...I suspect it's the UK....you could sign up for emails from SDE and Burning Shed

Back