HACKED

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
WHAT???? :eek: :eek: :(

Dave - can you tell us what happened?

:-jon

Dave,

I had 2 e mails last night from a "word of mouth.org" site , alerting me that someone was trying to find out personal info about me and my e mail address. Also , our internet security program had at least 4 alerts in the same time frame. What's up with that?

Len

Yea guyz, well I think it was my fault that my ebay account was hacked, I made it to easy for the hacker by using my kids' name as my ebay password that the hacker could have gotten from my ebay "me" page. The hacker changed my id to dianarph5 (hackers [email protected]) and proceeded to bid on a bunch of stuff ($2000 worth) on ebay Germany. I have control back now. Also got into my Yahoo mail and deleted every thing including the list you sent me Len. This my be why you are getting looked at, sorry! I have control back on Yahoo now too. How they got into Yahoo is still a bit puzzling? All this on friday the 13th. Downloaded a spyware detecting program called spybot that is amazing. This thing found 15 spy programs on my home pc and more on my work pc. The program is too cool it even tells you who is doing the spying and what the spy program see's in your pc. Several of them could get passwords from my pc. Spybot kills the program and immunizes your pc against like 260 spy programs. If any wants the link just ask and it's freeware.

Dave

I use a similar program called Ad-Aware. Spyware blocking has become as important (if not more so) than virus scanning and SPAM filtering. What a wonderful world we live in... :mad:

Dave,

After those 2 "inquires" and e mails that went out from my address without me sending them, I reset everything just to be on the safe side. It really sucks when people do this kind of stuff. I'm glad you have it all under control again. I will resend my list to you again tonight.

Len

Damn! I use Ad-Aware 6.0 myself. It always seems to find one or twelve programs, mostly doubleclicks and such.

:-jon

Cool Len!

Yea Jon I was really suprised at what spybot showed me, that these spyprograms can transmit your passwords, bank acct#'s so on. A real eye opener!

Dave

Hey dave,

Are you away from all the wild fires in arizona? Hope you guys are ok!

Len

Back