Have you repair guys seen these parts on eBay?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow! That's a pretty amazing E Bay listing. Thanks for posting! It makes you wonder if this is all the stuff that didn't sell at Fosgate's estate sale. Or bulk purchases made there & now being re-sold. It is definitely worth checking out seller's other items.

Too bad the bulk of the spare IC's are the defective NS chips. No Exars I can see in the bunch. I spy some SSM 2120 chips that contain log level detectors and VCA's. Very good specs for that time.

Wow! That's a pretty amazing E Bay listing. Thanks for posting! It makes you wonder if this is all the stuff that didn't sell at Fosgate's estate sale. Or bulk purchases made there & now being re-sold. It is definitely worth checking out seller's other items.
Yeah, the seller is in Salt Lake City, so that’s pretty likely.

My bid is in! Odd the National chips. Perhaps that is all that were still available as the supply of Exars dried up? I don't think even the Tetrasound used the National chips. They should work, just the detector has a different pinout.

Early development of the tetra car decoder may have used the National chips, maybe that is why he has so many? Would love to see a prototype of that!

My bid is in! Odd the National chips. Perhaps that is all that were still available as the supply of Exars dried up? I don't think even the Tetrasound used the National chips. They should work, just the detector has a different pinout.

Early development of the tetra car decoder may have used the National chips, maybe that is why he has so many? Would love to see a prototype of that!
Good luck Ken! You're the 1st & only bid so far. Too bad they don't have a buy it now price to consider.

Did ya scope some of his other items?

Well, heck @par4ken . It looks like your max bid was $1,100 & you were out bid 2 mins before closing at $1,125. Isn't it a pain to come that close & have it slip away?

We might see some of these items re-surface on Ebay but having it as a group is what was cool.

Last edited:
I was hoping to possibly buy 1 set of the tate chips from par4ken if he won :(
If the winner can see this, you have a buyer here!
I got snipe-ed! I hope the winner can see it as well. I wouldn't mind a set of chips at least. I was almost going to bid higher but we a talking a lot of money especially when converted to US dollars, so I chickened out!

Back