Hello everyone I’m Malcolm

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

macelliott

I’ve just gone and wasted a lot of money on a new home theatre receiver because sadly I really don’t understand the technical aspects of them
My old receiver a Onkyo TXNR 509 was really great until I upgraded my speakers to Kefs and Jamo there’s a mixture
Kef coda 9 as rears
Kef iq6 c centre
Jamo e850 front
Boston Sub
ive recently aquired a Jamo centre to match the e850’s for $60 and some Kef coda 10 for a $100 so will try out all of these to see if my new receiver Denon AVR S750 h sounds any better at the moment no match to my old Onkyo god I’m glad I didn’t sell it
My Onkyo was repaired under warranty for sound issues which I think had neo as did my Veon blueray player and yes cheap as chips here in NZ but I did replace it with a Panasonic but lasted two days before I took it back one word for Panasonic now (crap) I was loyal to Panasonic as my son was sales manager for them in Australia
The Denon has all the bells and whistles yet sounds no better than a ordinary radio unless it’s loud esp listening to rock and it full bore when loud my Onkyo if turned full bore would have been heard miles away
Can anyone explain why this supposedly new receiver sounds like crap
Malcolm

I’ve just gone and wasted a lot of money on a new home theatre receiver because sadly I really don’t understand the technical aspects of them
My old receiver a Onkyo TXNR 509 was really great until I upgraded my speakers to Kefs and Jamo there’s a mixture
Kef coda 9 as rears
Kef iq6 c centre
Jamo e850 front
Boston Sub
ive recently aquired a Jamo centre to match the e850’s for $60 and some Kef coda 10 for a $100 so will try out all of these to see if my new receiver Denon AVR S750 h sounds any better at the moment no match to my old Onkyo god I’m glad I didn’t sell it
My Onkyo was repaired under warranty for sound issues which I think had neo as did my Veon blueray player and yes cheap as chips here in NZ but I did replace it with a Panasonic but lasted two days before I took it back one word for Panasonic now (crap) I was loyal to Panasonic as my son was sales manager for them in Australia
The Denon has all the bells and whistles yet sounds no better than a ordinary radio unless it’s loud esp listening to rock and it full bore when loud my Onkyo if turned full bore would have been heard miles away
Can anyone explain why this supposedly new receiver sounds like crap
Malcolm
Welcome!
Well gonna read this again tomorrow hopefully reply with some thing usefull. Right now I would say use some paragraphs and periods and general punctuation it will be easier to understand what you are saying.

Back