David Bowie - Young Americans (DTS/DD DVD-V) -- Can I Play this Damn Thing?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eggplant

1K Club - QQ Shooting Star
Since 2002/2003
For some reason it slipped my mind that this was not a Region 1 DVD.

Is there some way a good 'Merican citizen like me can play this thing without a multi-region player, or plugging fifteen things into my computer?

Or maybe there's someone who can extract the DD track for me onto a disc?

Thx

I just bought a copy of this from Amazon.com and I expected it would be an import, but it is clearly a domestic release, so I assume it is a region 1 NTSC disc. Is this not the case? I haven't had a chance to play it yet. Also, it only has a DD logo, so I assume no DTS track. Does the U.K. release have a DTS track?

I just bought a copy of this from Amazon.com and I expected it would be an import, but it is clearly a domestic release, so I assume it is a region 1 NTSC disc. Is this not the case? I haven't had a chance to play it yet. Also, it only has a DD logo, so I assume no DTS track. Does the U.K. release have a DTS track?

I have the US domestic release and can confirm region 1 and DTS 5.1 - there is no logo for DTS on the package but it is an option on the DVD menu and the mix is quite good.

I have the US domestic release and can confirm region 1 and DTS 5.1 - there is no logo for DTS on the package but it is an option on the DVD menu and the mix is quite good.
Thanks for the info; this is great news! You just saved me the cost and hassle of purchasing an import just to get the DTS track.

No doubt, it's always nice to see that DTS 24/96 label light up on my receiver/amp. (Well... that is, it's nice to see since they didn't want to do it up in true hi-rez DVD-Audio. Heck, at this point and time I'm just thrilled to even get a decent DTS surround mix!)

Back