Here is an east coast tour - quad PINK FLOYD show with amazing players

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Saw it last night in Ridgefield. They did have some quad effects, but not a lot.

Musically there were some very strong moments, "Have a Cigar" in particular really cooked. A couple of other songs though didn't come off too well. "There's No Way Out of Here" should have been a highlight, but it wasn't a strong performance. It was opening night though, so maybe they just need a couple more gigs to get things in top shape. Pevar tended to stay very close to Gilmour's original solos, while the other guitarist was improvising a lot more. I wasn't too impressed with the keyboard player. He did have some good moments but there were other times where I really felt like he was just phoning it in. Sulton and Prince have been Todd Rundgren's rhythm section for more than 20 years now and they are a well-oiled machine. Very tight and really good energy. Sulton and the two guitarists shared lead vocal duties, with Sulton clearly being the strongest of the three. The only thing that I really didn't care for was their arrangement of "Set the Controls For the Heart of the Sun." Prince did do a good drum solo in the middle of it but otherwise it went way too far into Grateful Dead territory for my tastes.

Overall it was an enjoyable evening. Worth checking out if you were a fan of any of the folks on the stage or if you are open to hearing Floyd material being reinterpreted in a new way. I did hear one audience member complaining that it was awful, but for the most part, the band went down really well with the crowd.

They are playing a neat and tiny little venue down the road but even with the lineup I can't muster the enthusiasm to see them.

Thanks for the information though, I shared it with a friend that will probably have tix before lunch is over.

Saw it last night in Ridgefield. They did have some quad effects, but not a lot.

Musically there were some very strong moments, "Have a Cigar" in particular really cooked. A couple of other songs though didn't come off too well. "There's No Way Out of Here" should have been a highlight, but it wasn't a strong performance. It was opening night though, so maybe they just need a couple more gigs to get things in top shape. Pevar tended to stay very close to Gilmour's original solos, while the other guitarist was improvising a lot more. I wasn't too impressed with the keyboard player. He did have some good moments but there were other times where I really felt like he was just phoning it in. Sulton and Prince have been Todd Rundgren's rhythm section for more than 20 years now and they are a well-oiled machine. Very tight and really good energy. Sulton and the two guitarists shared lead vocal duties, with Sulton clearly being the strongest of the three. The only thing that I really didn't care for was their arrangement of "Set the Controls For the Heart of the Sun." Prince did do a good drum solo in the middle of it but otherwise it went way too far into Grateful Dead territory for my tastes.

Overall it was an enjoyable evening. Worth checking out if you were a fan of any of the folks on the stage or if you are open to hearing Floyd material being reinterpreted in a new way. I did hear one audience member complaining that it was awful, but for the most part, the band went down really well with the crowd.
This show is in my backyard on the 22nd. Sulton is just an exceptional musician who I've seen a few times going back to the Utopia days. Checked out some of their rehearsals on YT and was kind of on the fence. Thanks for the quick review. Maybe I'll check them out.

Back