HFPA Problems?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I miss Tower! Their four stores in the Chicago area all had a DVD-A/SACD section on the main floor and another in the classical dept. Each dept. had two gondolas of hi-res goodness.
263618541_d5e45c9b87.jpg

towercrop.jpg

I miss Tower! Their four stores in the Chicago area all had a DVD-A/SACD section on the main floor and another in the classical dept. Each dept. had two gondolas of hi-res goodness.

I knew the Lincoln Park location very well! I moved away before the golden age of SACD & DVD-A discs. Those displays must have been a pretty sight.

I used to shop at the Lincoln Park Tower Records. I'll never forget the time when I went to walk in the door and there was a sign pertaining to Dennis Leary and that he had cancelled his book signing and that he was a complete ass for doing so because of his attitude problem. Not in those exact words but pretty darn close.

I knew the Lincoln Park location very well! I moved away before the golden age of SACD & DVD-A discs. Those displays must have been a pretty sight.

The very last time I visited that location was in June 2000, before DVD-A and SACD saw the light of day. Fortunately, I moved to a better weather environment. I do miss the food and the people. It's a hit and miss with people on the West Coast. Mostly, miss. I could probably say that for over 90% of the food too.

Back