How many people have lost discs in their home and not been able to find?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cutter

Since 2002/2003
I was reading the post on Moondance and someone mentioned Boz Scaggs Dig package. It reminded me that I have never found the cd that came in the package. I still have the dvda but cd has not been seen in years. I know that I never loaned it out so in theory it must be in my house. Same thing happened with a Tool cd that came with the box. I searched for a cd from a local artist that I owned for over a year and could not find it. Finally contacted Heyday Records and they told me they had a copy but no artwork. I bought the disc and within a week of the arrival found the disc in the correct case with artwork. Am still looking for a John Hiatt that I know must be in my house but have since rebought. Am I the only one out there that LOSES music? Scott

I feel for you.

I lost a documentary on Natalie Dessay that I want to watch again and it's not available.

Ask also Larry David about the Sopranos DVD case.

Not only do I have a few empty CD/SACD cases, I also have a couple of orphaned disc whose cases are not to be found.

I accidentally returned my MoFi Sea Change to Bl0ckbuster.

They sent it back and asked for the movie, which was in the paper sleeve.:rolleyes:

Last edited:
I have the same problem.

Discs without the cover, and covers without the discs.

How does that happen? Where did they go?

In my case (I'm meticulous with my albums) the cause is either kids or poltergeist. Out of the two poltergeist are definately the least disruptive. Even though my daughter has long since left home I still come across the odd empty case when deciding to play something that I haven't played for a long while and know she has squirelled it away.

The other thing that's almost as annoying is buying another copy of something I already own. I just did this with Ozric Tentacles "Waterfall Cities," last month it was the DVD-A of "The Incident." Doh!

How to locate lost discs, stop looking for them. Really-look for something else. Odds are you'll find something that you are not seeking, happens to me every time.
That reminds me of the time I lost my mind.

How to locate lost discs, stop looking for them. Really-look for something else. Odds are you'll find something that you are not seeking, happens to me every time.
That reminds me of the time I lost my mind.

It doesn't work if you intentionally stop looking for them and start looking for something else instead though. It only works if you have completely forgot about the thing you were looking for before.

Also drop something small and loose it on the floor, or you loose something you know you just saw less than an hour ago, if you are like me, you go instant panic. When that happens, I usually can't find it. if I take a short couple minute break and stop panicking, I can usually find whatever it is right away.

I can't say that I ever have a problem with missing just the disc or just the case. I have lost the whole things though. I am ultra-anal about keeping them together. I rarely use a retail CD/DVD outside the house. I don't have children and I don't live with anyone. Pretty much anyone that visits that has access to play something of mine knows that it's a capital offense to not put the disc back in the case.

Back