How to burn audio_TS

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello Neil,

Thanks for that. I'll see if I can lay my hands on it. I'm also in the process of getting a stand alone DVD Audio player. I'll try and create DVD Audio discs and I'll keep you informed how things progress. Best regards, Journstyx.

Hello again,

Otto, you mentioned to use DVDFab to make sure that the disc will have the right "audio architecture". With just the files I have, mentioned above, how do I use DVD Fab?
I downloaded a trial version. Can I create a DVD Audio disc with just those files?
I appreciate the input. Best regards, Journstyx.

Hello all,

I've been able to burn a proper DVD audio from the files above. I've been using DVD A Explorer to extract the 6 mono WAV files from the ATS_01_0_IFO, which gave me 6 96.000 kHz 24 bit mono wav tracks. I then found that the Discwelder Chrome program can build the DVD audio using those 6 mono files. This means keeping the 96000KHz 24 bit intact.
I've tested 1 track and it sounds GREAT! So I now have the choice of creating a DVD Audio disc or a DTS 5.1 mix. Thanks again for all the help and pointing me in the right direction...much appreciated indeed! Best regards, Journstyx.

Step 2 [..] change the 96KHz, 32 bit files to 44.1kHz, 16 bit files
Step 3: Using Surcode DTS CD Pro
Just one thing, make those (input) files 24bit as the DTS encoders accept that as input (no, it won't keep all the bits, but there is no need reduce beforehand).

What Neil says about choosing preference between phase or ringing, resamplers based on SoX can do that too, even with an intermediate choice also. I can't direct you to a specific resampler or plugin, but maybe it helps to know what to look for :)

Hello Ge Someone,

Thanks, I'll give it a go. Saves another step in the process. Best regards, Journstyx.

I have a method for rebuilding DVD-A which is a little tedious but can be done with common software such as Nero.

Firstly, it is very important that the files are burnt in the right order. In the particular case of this thread it should be:

AUDIO_PP.IFO
AUDIO_TS.IFO
AUDIO_TS.VOB
AUDIO_TS.BUP
AUDIO_SV.IFO
AUDIO_SV.VOB
AUDIO_SV.BUP
ATS_01_0.IFO
ATS_01_1.AOB
ATS_01_2.AOB
ATS_01_0.BUP

To achieve this I create numbered folders, one for each file, and order by source folder in my Nero compilation. If a VIDEO_TS folder is included, it should be put after the AUDIO_TS.

When creating the disc image, it is important that it is of the type "ISO + UDF". Nero doesn't do this in it's semi-automatic video modes, data DVD mode has to be used.

Hallo Arnoldlayne,

Thanks for the suggestion. I'll give this a go as well. Best regards, Journstyx.

Back