• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Quadraphonic Quad and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

I'm Still Around

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vexsmom

Hi! Remember me?

I crashed and burned just as I was nearly ready to send out discs people had requested. The discs got carefully stowed away in boxes under my bed. We (the discs and I) are slowly emerging at last. Spycat63..gif

Since it's been a while and the economy has tanked, etc. Your wishes may have changed. If you no longer are interested in some or all I put your name on, please let me know. Once all is sorted out and sent out, I'll post what is left over. I have an amazing angel updating prices. As soon as that is finished, I'll send information to each person who still wants to buy a piece of Cai's collection. Pricing will be 30% less than the going rate for rare items, 40% off the rest.

Blessings for all your support and patience!

Judie

Hi Judie. I was wondering how you were doing. I hope things have evened out for you. It's probably still very stressful going through Cai's things and all, and dispersing them at that. Hang in there. I'm sure the QQ members will be patient.

Judie, I'm just glad to hear from you. That you choose to undertake this task is very generous and I'm sure we all greatly appreciate all the work that your putting in and wish we could help you more. I continue to think only good thoughts for you and hope you and the family are doing as well as possible.

We're all doing okay. I just had to stop dealing with Cai's stuff for a while. When I get these discs out, I will be finished. I am very close to contacting people to finalize and get them in the mail!:banana:

Hi Judy, I will come by probably in June for my LPs. I hope that will be alright. Thanks so much. Take care.

Dan

HI Judie!
So , I guess I was one of the few lucky ones who got some of Cai's stuff on the first wave.
Sorry to hear you have not been doing well.
Just to let you know that I think of you when I play any of the 3 LPs I got from you and that my conversion of the Wish you were here LP turned out spectacular and fellow quadheads Love it!!
Thank you very much for your kind attention and my best wishes to you and your family!
Alberto.

Hi Dan! June should be fine. they are all packed up and waiting.

Alberto, I am thrilled to know about the success of your conversion. I am enjoying going through the 1,000 discs on spindles...some are Cai's conversions and recordings, some are the work of others. He had so much stuff!!! I would appreciate a PM from anyone who can advise me what to do with the discs that contain Cai's work in recording channels and using different equipment. I don't understand much about them and don't know what to keep and what to toss. I wrote to one member I know worked with Cai, and he is willing to help but felt others might want to be involved. Let me know.

I found out the other day that Mei and little Connor are coming for a visit. I am SO excited. They left for China last August and this will be the first time I have seen him. We Skype every few weeks, but he has totally lost his English and asks Mei why Grammie can't talk right! I sure miss the little guy. He is 3 1/2 years old now and seems to be very happy. He is, of course, showing his intelligence at an early age...(shameless grandma brag)

PS: How are sales going, Eric? Have you even managed to get everything out of boxes yet? What a job! Alberto, Quadwreck is the owner of the store Cai's records went to.

Great news about the visit coming up, I'm sure it will be great to see them. I'll contact you in a few months, and thanks so much again.

Hi Julie,
I just wanted to let you know I am thinking of you and your family and that even though we've never met in the "real world" all of you are not far from my thoughts. As far as tossing any of Cai's disc's, well I would hang to the riches that are there and enjoy them if you like. :) Heh, it should be not too long before you can tell us what Quad mixes you like. :D Always remember you have a lot of friends here and thank you for keeping in touch and letitng us know how you are doing.

Jim

I've been going through all the "A" boxes, separating the various genres and putting aside the audiophile pressings that were mixed in. There are about 27 "A" boxes yet to be gone through, but I have to find more room for them in the store. I may put those on hiatus while I work on the quad stuff, the more exceptional quad stuff will probably be offered on line first, as well as the audiophile stuff.

Jim, I am hanging on to the completed discs if I enjoy the music on them. I bought a Sony surround system that has tiny speakers...I mean TINY...there are five of them that are about 2" in diameter and everything else is contained within the subwoofer. It's perfect for my small apartment and I get to enjoy what quad is all about well enough for these unsophisticated ears. I'm pretty stunned by some of it. But I'm struggling with some of the more obscure stuff, especially dissonance and just plain loud heavy metal. It harks back to Cai's rebellious teen years, if you know whaddImean!!! The discs I'm not sure what to do with are the ones labeled like "Pink Floyd DSOTM front channels Fosgate". That kind of thing. Obviously not discs for listening and useless to me. I'm disappointed that there is almost no classical music among them. I'm going to have to ask Mei to allow me to borrow some from the music room.

As to quad mixes, yes, I am noticing that some grab me and spin my mind, others are pleasant, enjoyable. There are differences. It's a whole new world.

Jim, I am hanging on to the completed discs if I enjoy the music on them. I bought a Sony surround system that has tiny speakers...I mean TINY...there are five of them that are about 2" in diameter and everything else is contained within the subwoofer. It's perfect for my small apartment and I get to enjoy what quad is all about well enough for these unsophisticated ears. I'm pretty stunned by some of it. But I'm struggling with some of the more obscure stuff, especially dissonance and just plain loud heavy metal. It harks back to Cai's rebellious teen years, if you know whaddImean!!! The discs I'm not sure what to do with are the ones labeled like "Pink Floyd DSOTM front channels Fosgate". That kind of thing. Obviously not discs for listening and useless to me. I'm disappointed that there is almost no classical music among them. I'm going to have to ask Mei to allow me to borrow some from the music room.

As to quad mixes, yes, I am noticing that some grab me and spin my mind, others are pleasant, enjoyable. There are differences. It's a whole new world.

Hi Julie, Yes, I know what you mean about music. I am and was involved with the late 70's and 80's Punk rock scene and before that 60's/70's Metal. Since then now my musical tastes have completely expanded into everything else including Classical and Opera. There are many, many Classical/Opera Quad titles that we're released and when I can I'd like to work on the many titles I own from brand new records. Perhaps the discs that do not interest you or one's labeled "Pink Floyd DSOTM front channels Fosgate" could be put into a different pile and sent to one of the QQ archivists for safe keeping. Better that then the trash I was thinking. I'm glad you're enjoying the music and that you have a nice sound system to enjoy Cai's many discs. I'll bet there's some real interesting stuff there! :D

Back