Quantcast

Intervention Records: Joan Armatrading's 1976 Self-Titled Classic on Hybrid CD/SACD on pre-order

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

Infomas

Her third album, and the first of a great run, all the way through Me, Myself, I (or, depending on your tastes, two or three or even four albums beyond that). Joe Jackson even plays on one of them--I forget which. I hope this is the start of a whole series of remasters.
I would actually go one back and include Back to the Night. With classics like Steppin' Out, Cool Blue Stole My Heart and the title track, she really took it up a notch and didn't look back for some time. I saw all of her 80's tours and watching her grow into a fine live performer has always been one of the highlights of my concert going days.

dandare

Dear mattB2

Thank you for your reply.

I got will try again with Rarewaves -- they wanted the Amazon ASIN number which I gave them but all they did was tell me the Amazon direct price and not their price.

Rarewaves trade on Amazon and ebay -- its worth comparing their prices between the two sites.

Even WOW HD have the Joe Jackson cd under Matthew Sweet but have the correct Joe Jackson album cover.

I also got caught out with the Rickie Lee Jones album!

Regards
Mike

DuncanS

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
I got a quick reply!!

"Diverse Vinyl usually gets my stuff ....

-Shane
"

The shop is in Newport, Gwent and the website is Diverse Vinyl - Your one-stop online store for Vinyl, CD and Audiophile so I'll send them an email and see what they say
Diverse Vinyl replied - they will stock it, so when I see a pre-order post I'll post it here.
"Hello Duncan,
Thanks for your email. Yes we will be getting the SACD. Apparently its released mid-October so we’ll get it mid-November, maybe earlier if they ship earlier.
Kindest Regards
Graham
"

DuncanS

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
I also found it on a UK website snvinyl but when I did some checking it was one of those sites that takes your money and .........lots of bad reviews on Trustpilot!

dandare

Diverse Vinyl replied - they will stock it, so when I see a pre-order post I'll post it here.
"Hello Duncan,
Thanks for your email. Yes we will be getting the SACD. Apparently its released mid-October so we’ll get it mid-November, maybe earlier if they ship earlier.
Kindest Regards
Graham
"

The Joe Jackson and Joan Armatrading sacds will be £36 each plus pp

SACD_ripper

This is great news as the SACD had been officially canceled just a few short months ago, though the vinyl release survived.
I hope this also gives a new life to some of the other canceled IR label SACDs, for instance the remaining Matthew Sweet titles.

svengaleekie

800 Club - QQ All-Star
QQ Supporter
I also found it on a UK website snvinyl but when I did some checking it was one of those sites that takes your money and .........lots of bad reviews on Trustpilot!
I got my Rush - Farewell to Kings boxset from them, I have to say I was very twitchy about it 'cos it did seem like a scam. It didn't come on release day but I emailed the guy and he assured me it would come and It arrived eventually and was cheaper than anywhere else. edit: I don't think I'll order from there again.

dandare

Diverse Vinyl are now letting you order Joe Jackson Body and Soul -- £36 plus pp.

Release date 18th of Sept.

I got a notification from Diverse Vinyl stating I could now purchase this item -- so I did!

califcab

I got the Joe Jackson as well - very happy with it. Nothing on my Joan Armatrading order though. Website says "now shipping". Anybody get their Joan Armatrading?