Intervention Records: Joan Armatrading's 1976 Self-Titled Classic on Hybrid CD/SACD on pre-order

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Her third album, and the first of a great run, all the way through Me, Myself, I (or, depending on your tastes, two or three or even four albums beyond that). Joe Jackson even plays on one of them--I forget which. I hope this is the start of a whole series of remasters.
I would actually go one back and include Back to the Night. With classics like Steppin' Out, Cool Blue Stole My Heart and the title track, she really took it up a notch and didn't look back for some time. I saw all of her 80's tours and watching her grow into a fine live performer has always been one of the highlights of my concert going days.

Dear mattB2

Thank you for your reply.

I got will try again with Rarewaves -- they wanted the Amazon ASIN number which I gave them but all they did was tell me the Amazon direct price and not their price.

Rarewaves trade on Amazon and ebay -- its worth comparing their prices between the two sites.

Even WOW HD have the Joe Jackson cd under Matthew Sweet but have the correct Joe Jackson album cover.

https://www.wowhd.co.uk/joe-jackson-body-and-soul/680270758025
I also got caught out with the Rickie Lee Jones album!

Regards
Mike

I got a quick reply!!

"Diverse Vinyl usually gets my stuff ....

-Shane
"

The shop is in Newport, Gwent and the website is Diverse Vinyl - Your one-stop online store for Vinyl, CD and Audiophile so I'll send them an email and see what they say
Diverse Vinyl replied - they will stock it, so when I see a pre-order post I'll post it here.
"Hello Duncan,
Thanks for your email. Yes we will be getting the SACD. Apparently its released mid-October so we’ll get it mid-November, maybe earlier if they ship earlier.
Kindest Regards
Graham
"

I also found it on a UK website snvinyl but when I did some checking it was one of those sites that takes your money and .........lots of bad reviews on Trustpilot!

Diverse Vinyl replied - they will stock it, so when I see a pre-order post I'll post it here.
"Hello Duncan,
Thanks for your email. Yes we will be getting the SACD. Apparently its released mid-October so we’ll get it mid-November, maybe earlier if they ship earlier.
Kindest Regards
Graham
"

The Joe Jackson and Joan Armatrading sacds will be £36 each plus pp

This is great news as the SACD had been officially canceled just a few short months ago, though the vinyl release survived.
I hope this also gives a new life to some of the other canceled IR label SACDs, for instance the remaining Matthew Sweet titles.

I also found it on a UK website snvinyl but when I did some checking it was one of those sites that takes your money and .........lots of bad reviews on Trustpilot!
I got my Rush - Farewell to Kings boxset from them, I have to say I was very twitchy about it 'cos it did seem like a scam. It didn't come on release day but I emailed the guy and he assured me it would come and It arrived eventually and was cheaper than anywhere else. edit: I don't think I'll order from there again.

Diverse Vinyl are now letting you order Joe Jackson Body and Soul -- £36 plus pp.

Release date 18th of Sept.

I got a notification from Diverse Vinyl stating I could now purchase this item -- so I did!

I got the Joe Jackson as well - very happy with it. Nothing on my Joan Armatrading order though. Website says "now shipping". Anybody get their Joan Armatrading?

My copy is on order, but sadly over on this side of the pond we won't get it until later via Diverse Vinyl (so cheaper than direct from the USA) :)
1608590010384.png

Back