INVOLVE SQ - IS HERE

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Bob

The SM box has 2 memory chips to chose from, so its take your pick on the choice of decode mode options

1 Involve/ QS/ RM etc
2 TSS
3 SQ correct maths decode
4 SQ Vinyl decode

But you can only chose 2 modes per box, hence if you want more , unfortunately you will need an additional box. These special flavors of SM are only available to QQ members.

Regards

Chucky

So if I have the SQ/QS Involve version can mine be further modified or will the new chip replace the old SQ chip. I'm really happy with it the way it is but I would love extra options.

The new chip has to be soldered in? It doesn't just plug into a chip socket, like most chips??

Dear All

I have been informed by Rustyandi that his listening "man cave" has been flooded and it will take a bit longer before his review of our amended SQ "vinyl" version will be complete.

My version when listening at Rustyandi' setup was that the separation was clearly better on Tab Patterson's test trumpet track. The bigger difference to the Tate was a lack of pumping that was quite noticeable.

May I call for "volunteers" for those who want to try out the new version.

Three options:

1 Order an update chip and get a good tech to solder it in .....say $20 + postal costs

2 Send your SM back to us and we will do the update.....say $30 + postal costs

3 Order a special SQ SM that has dual SQ- either vinyl optomized or "script" optomized for all you SQ nutters- so you have both flavors. Say a special QQ price of $395 + postal costs but by special personal message request.

4 Any other suggestions!!!!!

Hopefully we will get some test pilots in the next few days

I thank all those who complained (correctly) and a special thanks to Tab.

Regards

Chucky

Hi

Its a surface mount chip and will need a fine soldering iron, a steady hand and a strong magnifying glass. I actually find it easier than a through hole component but thats what experience does!

Regards

Chucky

The new chip has to be soldered in? It doesn't just plug into a chip socket, like most chips??

Will the chip upgrade make stereo CDs decoded for quad sound worse? Or will it all stay the same and get better with stereo albums as far as decoding albums into multichannel?

Hi Newbyquad

I suggest everyone keeps the existing Involve decode main mode and if they have SQ vinyls in abundance they get the SQ vinyl chip in place of the TSS mode. The Involve main mode will nearly always provide the best decode of stereo available today.

Regards

Chucky

Hi. chucky
I am one of the first batch how bought the SQ Surround Master and VERY happy with the performance, I cant do without it.
But I am interested if my unit can be converted if that is posible
Like In option (3). ( dual SQ- either vinyl optomized or "script" optomized for all you SQ nutters- so you have both flavors )
of course I will post to you..
thanks Bill...

Dear All

I have been informed by Rustyandi that his listening "man cave" has been flooded and it will take a bit longer before his review of our amended SQ "vinyl" version will be complete.

My version when listening at Rustyandi' setup was that the separation was clearly better on Tab Patterson's test trumpet track. The bigger difference to the Tate was a lack of pumping that was quite noticeable.

May I call for "volunteers" for those who want to try out the new version.

Three options:

1 Order an update chip and get a good tech to solder it in .....say $20 + postal costs

2 Send your SM back to us and we will do the update.....say $30 + postal costs

3 Order a special SQ SM that has dual SQ- either vinyl optomized or "script" optomized for all you SQ nutters- so you have both flavors. Say a special QQ price of $395 + postal costs but by special personal message request.

4 Any other suggestions!!!!!

Hopefully we will get some test pilots in the next few days

I thank all those who complained (correctly) and a special thanks to Tab.

Regards

Chucky

Hi Chucky,

I own the same original SQ/QS model, any shipping address via PM?

Hi Bob

The SM box has 2 memory chips to chose from, so its take your pick on the choice of decode mode options

1 Involve/ QS/ RM etc
2 TSS
3 SQ correct maths decode
4 SQ Vinyl decode

But you can only chose 2 modes per box, hence if you want more , unfortunately you will need an additional box. These special flavors of SM are only available to QQ members.

Regards

Chucky

Hi Bigbillquad

Your wish is our command but that would mean you will not have Involve/ SQ/ RM/ stereo decode. Remember SQ is a terrible decoder of other formats - specially stereo.

Remember we also offer the option that we send a new memory chip that you could give to a suitable electronics technician to do the change. Either way you get what you want.

Regards

Chucky

Hi. chucky
I am one of the first batch how bought the SQ Surround Master and VERY happy with the performance, I cant do without it.
But I am interested if my unit can be converted if that is posible
Like In option (3). ( dual SQ- either vinyl optomized or "script" optomized for all you SQ nutters- so you have both flavors )
of course I will post to you..
thanks Bill...

Hi Bigbillquad

Your wish is our command but that would mean you will not have Involve/ SQ/ RM/ stereo decode. Remember SQ is a terrible decoder of other formats - specially stereo.

Remember we also offer the option that we send a new memory chip that you could give to a suitable electronics technician to do the change. Either way you get what you want.

Regards

Chucky

Hi. chucky
Thanks for anwering so quick I didn`t think that meant, that I would be loosing Involve/ SQ/ RM/ stereo decode. I thought that it may have been a sepertate chip with a switch.
So be it, as I did say I am VERY happy with what I`ve got.......

Hi

So do you want any change to your existing unit?

Regards

Chucky

Hi. chucky
Thanks for anwering so quick I didn`t think that meant, that I would be loosing Involve/ SQ/ RM/ stereo decode. I thought that it may have been a sepertate chip with a switch.
So be it, as I did say I am VERY happy with what I`ve got.......

Back