Is there a coupon or discount number for Dutton Vocalion Surround Sound SACDs?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just pretend that all D-V SACDs are $30 each, but you have a "special price" to buy them at their current sale price. Now that's a better discount than you'll get with any coupon code or sale.

As I keep telling everyone, Jon, NEVER LOOK A GIFT HORSE IN THE MOUTH!

BTW, Happy 2019 and thanks for another splendid year at QQ Forum!

Our Cup runneth Over!

My copy of the new Tomita SACD by DV came with a flyer saying their sale starts 1st February so wallets at the ready... as long as you've not already bought everything you want to buy from DV :phones

Hmm, no sale flyer with my copy of the Tomita SACD from DV.
Since I bought all 11 this around, not sure what would be left to buy on sale in February... :)

Hmm, no sale flyer with my copy of the Tomita SACD from DV.
Since I bought all 11 this around, not sure what would be left to buy on sale in February... :)

It might well be the new releases aren't included in the sale so maybe the current prices for the new releases will remain the best prices, which are pretty good to begin with. I guess all we can do is look and see what's in the sale and maybe buy stuff that's either been overlooked somehow or been marginal in terms of buying something that's almost worth buying but we just need a wee nudge to get over the purchasing line :)

My copy of the new Tomita SACD by DV came with a flyer saying their sale starts 1st February so wallets at the ready... as long as you've not already bought everything you want to buy from DV :phones
What other details are stated on this flyer?

the latest batch of DV surround beauties (Tomita, Charlie Rich, Dottie West, Ronnie Milsap, Dr Teleny/Ettore, Henry Mancini, Ray Conniff, Percy Faith, Paul Mauriat, Arthur Fiedler) is in stock and shipping now!
some QQ-ers have them in their hot little hands already! :love:
Now, I am waiting to see what that sale is all about starting Feb 1st. No hurry really I have lots 'o stuff to listen to.

Last edited:
Now, I am waiting to see what that sale is all about starting Fen 1st. No hurry really I have lots 'o stuff to listen to.

From my recollection of D~V's last sale it included one or two Classical mch SACDs and mostly RBCDs from their VAST arsenal. NONE of their current mch SACDs were included......which, IMO, have their own built in savings.

PS: Although I bought over 200 Q8's, I HATE 8-Tracks! Take a lousy format (4 track cartridges) and make it lousier by doubling the # of tracks, making the track width narrower and using half as much tape.

NEVER in a million years would I have bought into this format, but for more titles than any other Quad format. Many only available in Quad as a Q8.

I own 2 Q8 car decks (Pioneer & Realspastic, both retired), 2 Q8 recorders (Akai CR80DSS & Technics 858) and a Q8 player (Technics 847). CR-80DSS was the first Quad hardware I bought.

No, don't ask if you can buy any of my Q8 hardware or software. Quad packrats never want to part with Quad stuff.

Adam (Fred), I understand your love for Q8. Playtape might be the only prerecorded music format worse than the 8-track.

From my recollection of D~V's last sale it included one or two Classical mch SACDs and mostly RBCDs from their VAST arsenal. NONE of their current mch SACDs were included......which, IMO, have their own built in savings.
Yeah, I'd like to just buy everything that gets released.

PS: Although I bought over 200 Q8's, I HATE 8-Tracks! Take a lousy format (4 track cartridges) and make it lousier by doubling the # of tracks, making the track width narrower and using half as much tape.

NEVER in a million years would I have bought into this format, but for more titles than any other Quad format. Many only available in Quad as a Q8.

I own 2 Q8 car decks (Pioneer & Realspastic, both retired), 2 Q8 recorders (Akai CR80DSS & Technics 858) and a Q8 player (Technics 847). CR-80DSS was the first Quad hardware I bought.

No, don't ask if you can buy any of my Q8 hardware or software. Quad packrats never want to part with Quad stuff.

Adam (Fred), I understand your love for Q8. Playtape might be the only prerecorded music format worse than the 8-track.

so happy to see you back posting, Quaddess :love:

I second that motion, Linda. HATED 8 Track and I also never understand why all the hardware manufacturers also invested so much time and R&D into 'attempting' to make cassettes sound audiophile.....I mean going from a 15 or 30 ips master tape to 1 7/8 ...give me a break.

Hats off to Q8 LOVERS ...... broken splices and unspooled tape ...... another reason I hated VHS and BETA ....... nothing worse than having unspooled tape. Also hated DISCOVISION laserdiscs ...... until they were mfg. in Japan, it was grueling to play a stateside replicated DISCOVISION laserdisc with all that noise, skipping, etc. Thankfully I had a few buddies at Crazy Eddies to issue me refunds.

Regards to Joe

Thanks for the love and support, guys!

Most of the time I'm on here, I'm reading but not posting. Sometimes I read part, and forget to go back and give a like. I've often gone back to a thread and only recalled reading part of a post. No doubt I only read part of it prior to being called away.

Tonight, Joe is out with a cute blonde: his Daughter. So, I have time to post.

Although I'm retired, my life is often very busy. My late, great Mother-in-Law on retirement: "I don't know how I ever fit in work."

What other details are stated on this flyer?

Apart from some general info about DV, the exact wording with regards to the forthcoming sale is: "Our big web-only sale starts 1 February 2019"

I have to say, it's beginning to sound like DV is holding a sale for me and me only as it seems no one else has received the same notification :giggle:

Apart from some general info about DV, the exact wording with regards to the forthcoming sale is: "Our big web-only sale starts 1 February 2019"

I have to say, it's beginning to sound like DV is holding a sale for me and me only as it seems no one else has received the same notification :giggle:
Maybe they are relocating to Namibia... :p

pics or it didn't happen! ;)

6IesAtT.jpeg

Back