Jack White Lazaretto-Ultra LP

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm intrigued how many attempts it took to sync the double grooved intro on side 2.

Mr Bungle "Disco Volante" had a parrallel groove ...as did a monty python record...and apart from the beatles sgt peppers...UB40 also had an endless groove on one side of their first release "signing off" lp....but to have all that plus all the extra stuff on an lp, must have been a logistical nightmare....so of course I ordered one as well...

Mercury records released a very limited edition promotional LP called "Rush 'N' Roulette" that had seemingly only one track per side but when you dropped the needle it played a random song.

http://www.discogs.com/Rush-Rush-N-Roulette/release/3772080

Also, I remember Mad Magazine included a flexi-disc in one issue that played three or four different song depending on the needle drop.

These were called puzzle records and have been around since the acoustic era. The most common were a 45 from K-Tel and a game called They're At The Post from the '70's

The difference with this double groove is that it is for the intro of the track only, so either they had to meticulously time the cutting so that the intros converged on time, before settling into a single groove for the rest of the track, or they cheated and went double groove for the whole track and converged at the end during the gap between tracks. Also they're talking about a locked groove on the outside of a side being a first.

(I have also ordered one based on the multiple novelties!)

Mr Bungle "Disco Volante" had a parrallel groove ...as did a monty python record...and apart from the beatles sgt peppers...UB40 also had an endless groove on one side of their first release "signing off" lp....but to have all that plus all the extra stuff on an lp, must have been a logistical nightmare....so of course I ordered one as well...

Snood Sprung just for the Angel...........plus other sites were charging 30 bux plus grrrrrrrrr

Also, I remember Mad Magazine included a flexi-disc in one issue that played three or four different song depending on the needle drop.

I still have that record somewhere. I need to fish it out.

Back