Jean-Michel-Jarre Amazonia with 5.1 Download 04/09/21

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I stand corrected!
I just get the feeling that this binaural version is his new way of approaching surround.
The problem with his releases is that the surround-options hasn't always been that visible or promoted, Oxygene was the re-recording, but as a concert, Planet Jarre...was that a download one?
That passed me...
Teo & Tea went under the radar for many when it comes to surround, me included.
But Notredam and Amazonia are great, although my Amazonia download gave me a damaged file for some reason.
The best though, that I still love, and think is fantastic, is the Jarre in China with THX mastered surround, but unfortunately a one-off.
Personally I think the Equinoxe Infinity would be fantastic in surround.
I'm rooting for more audio-surround releases, that's my new love.
Oxygene contains both the live re-recording and the studio album remix. The latter is a bonus on the same DVD, I think I discovered it thanks to someone here in QQ mentioning it.
Planet Jarre it's download only, you're right. And Teo&Tea is too techno to my tastes, but it can be found quite cheap if you want to get it.
I'd like to have both Equinoxe and Rendez-Vous (Rendez-Vous is my favourite JMJ record)

Oxygene contains both the live re-recording and the studio album remix. The latter is a bonus on the same DVD, I think I discovered it thanks to someone here in QQ mentioning it.
Planet Jarre it's download only, you're right. And Teo&Tea is too techno to my tastes, but it can be found quite cheap if you want to get it.
I'd like to have both Equinoxe and Rendez-Vous (Rendez-Vous is my favourite JMJ record)
Thanks for the tip about the Aero, picked it out now, and you're right! (y)

Last edited:
Just got an email from Sony Music that states there's a 5.1 and Atmos release too, but not physical:
OXYMORE is out October 21st in 5.1 stereo, binaural, dolby atmos and on CD&Vinyl with a code to access the HQ spatial audio version. Pre-Order your copy now:
So it looks like 5.1 and atmos will be sold seperately?

The LP of Oxymore arrived today with a download code. The download for the binaural version only (which is pretty good, btw, the Dynamic Range is a lot better than the stereo CD version).
Apple Music and Amazon Music have the Atmos version and I can't find the 5.1 version anywhere.

The LP of Oxymore arrived today with a download code. The download for the binaural version only (which is pretty good, btw, the Dynamic Range is a lot better than the stereo CD version).
Apple Music and Amazon Music have the Atmos version and I can't find the 5.1 version anywhere.

Someone said there is nothing in the height speakers, so the Atmos is effectively 5.1. Sounds great. Very involving mix.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back