Jethro Tull Stand Up Elevated Edition 5.1 (2016)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just received the Burning Shed email - Stand Up The Elevated Edition, is on its way!!!!!

As I fly back to work this afternoon and thus being away for the next 2 weeks, I keep my fingers crossed the package will be waiting for me upon my arrival. Can't wait!!! :)

My copy from Deep Discount shipped today too. Hope to have it by the weekend, or early next week

Same here. USPS tracking says I'll have it Monday. The doctor is shoving a camera down my throat that morning so I'll be spending the afternoon on the couch while the anesthetic wares off. I'll give it a listen but I probably won't remember it the next day! LOL.

A first look at the 'rear' side of this set:

811GZ06qIyL._SL1155_.jpg

:)

I will wait until I listen to the 5.1 mix a few times before posting my thoughts on it on here, but in the meantime, there's one minor nitpick that really frustrates me about this particular set.
Unlike the other deluxe book releases from Jethro Tull (and the same is true for "Benefit") where each of the discs is secured in a plastic disc holder, for this particular set, the CDs are in a plastic disc holder, but the DVD is housed in a slipcase, where it can get more easily scratched and procure fingerprints.
So I put CD2 in the slipcase that way the DVD and remixed CD can get the better spots! :)

I will wait until I listen to the 5.1 mix a few times before posting my thoughts on it on here, but in the meantime, there's one minor nitpick that really frustrates me about this particular set.
Unlike the other deluxe book releases from Jethro Tull (and the same is true for "Benefit") where each of the discs is secured in a plastic disc holder, for this particular set, the CDs are in a plastic disc holder, but the DVD is housed in a slipcase, where it can get more easily scratched and procure fingerprints.
So I put CD2 in the slipcase that way the DVD and remixed CD can get the better spots! :)

I have found these relatively inexpensive ultra thin anti~static disc sleeves are invaluable for protecting 5" discs which are arbitrarily placed in potentially abrasive enclosures: http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/product/NEONAG-TS-5613

..I don't like scratchy card slipcases either but I absolutely hate that kind of crystal plastic disc holder used in so many of these digipacks etc, when they're manufactured so that they hold the disc too tight they can crack disc hubs and when they're made to be too loose the disc comes off the spindle and often falls about all over the place when in transit (both scenarios happened to me quite a few times anyway, maybe not anybody else's experience..).. anyway, the most annoying thing is Amazon didn't deliver this today like they promised and I can't wait to hear stuff like Living In The Past & Bouree in 5.1.. grr..!! :D

I have found these relatively inexpensive ultra thin anti~static disc sleeves are invaluable for protecting 5" discs which are arbitrarily placed in potentially abrasive enclosures: http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/product/NEONAG-TS-5613
Those are great Ralphie, do you have a suggestion for outer covers, like the MOFI cardboard discs?
I got some from CDJapan but there a little too big. BTW, my Jethro Tull arrived today will listen tonight.

I also have to agree, a minor niggle, it would have been good to have a double plastic tray in the front for the CD's and a single at the back for the DVD. I have noticed that the book section seems to be a little bit thicker than some of the others in the series (although the whole package is slightly thinner) plus it has the pop-up in the front which may be the reason for their choice. I'm certainly not going to complain too much though, long may these Tull releases continue! I have listened to the 5.1 DTS once this evening and it does sound pretty good considering the source material is only 8-track, but it needs a few more listens at slightly higher levels before full appraisal!

I am barely a Jethro Tull fan but I keep buying these. This release really promotes Steven Wilson on the cover and menu, unlike previous releases. Sounds great, I love how the drums snap in the front. Each track has moving pictures on the menu display. Is this my favorite release, maybe?

I have only listened to this once today - although I have opened and closed the booklet multiple times just to see the pop up[emoji41]. Not sure what anybody else is hearing but this is the best I've ever heard this - and this is my fave JT album hands down!

..I don't like scratchy card slipcases either but I absolutely hate that kind of crystal plastic disc holder used in so many of these digipacks etc, when they're manufactured so that they hold the disc too tight they can crack disc hubs and when they're made to be too loose the disc comes off the spindle and often falls about all over the place when in transit (both scenarios happened to me quite a few times anyway, maybe not anybody else's experience..).. anyway, the most annoying thing is Amazon didn't deliver this today like they promised and I can't wait to hear stuff like Living In The Past & Bouree in 5.1.. grr..!! :D

Yep, I've had a non-standard plastic hub in a cardboard Digipak expand and crack a CD before. All completely avoidable if they stick to tried and true standard plastic cases, be they CD, Super Jewel Box or BD. Cheaper to produce, keeps the cost down for everyone, gets the disc from factory to consumer safely and provides secure storage. It's a no-brainer. Time for the artists to stop listening to the marketing doofuses with their fancy packaging ideas. It used to be about the music, man!

Urrrrrrrrgh Bullmoose and their sub par packaging on hefty box sets - Plain bubble envelope equal bent corner

It going back for replacement or return

2nd time this has happened by them

Should have ordered from Burning Shed!

Single or Double Cds or Blurays fine - but from now on Box Sets are a no from bullmoose :howl

Urrrrrrrrgh Bullmoose and their sub par packaging on hefty box sets - Plain bubble envelope equal bent corner

It going back for replacement or return

2nd time this has happened by them

Should have ordered from Burning Shed!

Single or Double Cds or Blurays fine - but from now on Box Sets are a no from bullmoose :howl

Snood, within 3 days and at a cost of $20.61 + $1.49 s/h, I received STAND UP in perfect condition from ImportCDs. As I play it now in [my ONLY GRIPE] LOSSY DTS 5.1, I marvel at what these gorgeous TULL remix packages have accomplished. They're like gifts. I also look forward to hearing the LOSSLESS 96/24 Wilson STEREO remaster which, unfortunately, always sounds better on my main system.

BTW, I placed my very first order with BULLMOOSE (Love & Rockets; Doolittle BD~A 5.1) and hope they come carefully packaged.

I know MANY posters refuse to do business with ImportCD, but I have placed many large orders with them over the past two years and except for a FEW (actually VERY few) minor instances, their prices CANNOT BE BEAT!

Thanks 4 earred - Yeah this is the first time Snood not order the Tull from Shed...........not sure why. :mad:@:

Gonna return this one for full refund and just pick it up from Amazon with Prime..........if it is screwed up with Amazon so eeeeeeeeeasy to return - rarely is it screwed up.

The single cds and blurays and usually all koo with Bullmoose, but the boxsets are shipping like sheeeeeeeeeet. Altho my Chicago box was fine. This will be the 2nd Box Set Had to return from Bull.......was kind of a pain........had to pay for shipping back then they refunded the cost of shipping also instead of just issuing a prepaid return.

Think me has bought from Import a time or 2..........just not in the mood for more shipping fiascos right now lol. Not to say that import did or would..........Snood just want his nice new non bent Tull :confused:

just got my Tull . haven't listened yet. But I must say this. This Stand Up and the other Tull deluxe editions are the gold standard on how it should be done. 3 discs , 114 page booklet, lots of photos and a price that is reasonable. I got mine for $ 26.39.

THANK YOU JETHRO TULL AND COMPANY. Everybody involved in these reissues.

You did another fantastic job.

Everybody doing reissues or deluxe editions - you should use Tull as your model.

Back