Jethro Tull Stand Up Elevated Edition 5.1 (2016)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You missed that one should 'Stand Up' and be counted .

I won't get rid of mine because its a pop up so unless that appears as a 3D 5.1 edition looks like I own two copies

The small packshot of this new 2016 edition shows that it will also have the popup. :)

Enlarged packshot, courtesy of amazon.co.uk:

91lsFIx29gL._SL1500_.jpg

:)

£35.99.. not whingeing but hopefully will nudge down a few quid by release time :eek:

Ps. Thanks for the pic RT, the pop up 'stands up' to scrutiny.. looks wonderful..! :upthumb

I bought it this morning for 29 pound.....price changed in my cart at checkout

So let's talk about how you think SW will tackle the album. I still think Jeffrey Goes to Leicester Square could be one of the songs that may become an example of what a good remix can do to a song. Can't help but think about whether Wilson will bring IA's vocals from the right towards the centre this time, and whether Martin Barre's guitar playing may come up a little closer in the mix on some songs, as I do feel that Cornick's bass does drown out some guitar at times. I reckon we'll get a good balance of the instruments with this remix - and I also think this could potentially top Benefit too. :)

So let's talk about how you think SW will tackle the album. I still think Jeffrey Goes to Leicester Square could be one of the songs that may become an example of what a good remix can do to a song. Can't help but think about whether Wilson will bring IA's vocals from the right towards the centre this time, and whether Martin Barre's guitar playing may come up a little closer in the mix on some songs, as I do feel that Cornick's bass does drown out some guitar at times. I reckon we'll get a good balance of the instruments with this remix - and I also think this could potentially top Benefit too. :)

I don't know for sure if SW will radically change the imaging and positioning on the stereo remix, but he could very well bring the extreme sides closer in to the center as he did on the "Benefit" remix.
Plus SW has also been known to take a vocal that was mixed off to the side in stereo and bring it back to the center (channel) for the 5.1 mix. You can hear that on "So Sincere" on "The Power & The Glory" (from Gentle Giant) and "That Is The Way" on "Drums & Wires" (from XTC)

I don't know for sure if SW will radically change the imaging and positioning on the stereo remix, but he could very well bring the extreme sides closer in to the center as he did on the "Benefit" remix.
Plus SW has also been known to take a vocal that was mixed off to the side in stereo and bring it back to the center (channel) for the 5.1 mix. You can hear that on "So Sincere" on "The Power & The Glory" (from Gentle Giant) and "That Is The Way" on "Drums & Wires" (from XTC)

Yes, I do believe he will have done this and like you say Ryan - it won't likely be a radical change like say, Relayer for example.

For me this is probably the most anticipated surround discs for 2016.

I can hardly wait for it's release.One of my favourite "Tulls".:D

I have faith in what S.W. can do for the 5.1. His track record is impeccible.

Not sure if already posted, but here is the Burning Shed pre-order link....and for me here in US, they give a much better price than Amazon UK at the moment.

SHED

EDIT - oops, I went back to Amazon UK and the price I saw the 2nd time was lower than the first time...not sure what happened there. So, now they are similarly priced to US.

EDIT 2 - Jeez! I forgot to convert to US dollars.....so my original statement is correct. Burning Shed is about $10 cheaper for me.

Good job GOS.

I love the SHED

and I love this disc.and I know I will love the surround bonus tracks.Thanks to Steven Wilson, Ian Anderson and Parlophone/Warners.:sun

-fizzytheverytickeledpink-tull-fan

I'll definitely be ordering tomorrow... And as for release day, I won't have the set in my hands til the 1st of December, given the fact I work away from home 2 weeks at a time. Jeez, I even fly to work two days before the 18th too. Do I really have to subject myself to listening via Spotify or should I just soldier through and wait?! :p

Sent from my HTC 2PS6200 using Tapatalk

Back