Jimi Hendrix - "Electric Ladyland" (50th Anniversary Edition with new 5.1 mix on Blu-Ray) 11/9/2018

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No I couldn't...I mean...November is awesome......wonder what's coming in December....we should have some more from Dutton V.

oh i do hope so! some Country from DV and snow's been predicted! i can't wait for some Charlie! :smokin

"..now hey,
did you happen to see
the SACDs
under the Christmas tree
all addressed to ME..?"

:QQlove

The 5.1 surround mixes suffer from too much going on, due to the fact that there are so many layered guitar tracks. I heard some cool stuff that was absent from the original mix but overall I felt assaulted, not immersed

I like the sound of this! This is an album that I always felt was intentionally "assaulting" with all the panning and phase effects, even in stereo. Super excited!

I'd say that poster totally lost his credibility with this last comment:
One of the best surround new mixes I've heard of late is the quad mix of John Lennon's Imagine (also an advanced of the new Imagine box set). Just amazing. Made me rethink and appreciate the strengths of quad vs 5.1.

The quad mix of Imagine has literally no separation...

THE assault on the ears WE'VE ALL BEEN WAITING FOR!

BRING IT ON!!!!!!!!!

R-747363-1408781579-9671.jpeg.jpg

How about this to remember

Steven Wilson Home Invasion 11/2....In Search of the Lost Chord(Moody Blues)11/2...Jethro Tull This Was 11/9...Hendrix Electric Ladyland 11/9...Beatles White Album 11/9... Rush Hemispheres 11/16...Anthony Phillips Field Day 11/16...

I forgot something very important about Nov 9th...not only is that the release date for Hendrix's Electric Ladyland..and the Beatles White Album...and Jethro Tull's This Was...it's also the day the son of Gos gets married...imagine Gos at his son's reception...3 sheets in the wind...and trying to post with his smart phone and keep track of all the posts about the new releases:ROFLMAO:

I forgot something very important about Nov 9th...not only is that the release date for Hendrix's Electric Ladyland..and the Beatles White Album...and Jethro Tull's This Was...it's also the day the son of Gos gets married...imagine Gos at his son's reception...3 sheets in the wind...and trying to post with his smart phone and keep track of all the posts about the new releases:ROFLMAO:
lmao! Uh, yep.....it will be an epic evening. I'm afraid......but I have to have control....Mrs Gos and I have to clean up after.....

Just got email (finally) from Amazon USA that my copy will be delivered on Nov 9th...can't wait (also getting Beatles and Tull on same day).

We have good news! One of your pre-ordered items is now eligible for release date delivery and has been upgraded at no additional charge. Your new delivery estimate is:
The Jimi Hendrix Experience "Electric Ladyland - 50th Anniversary Deluxe Edition"

Estimated arrival date: November 09, 2018

Hey All.......

Beware of Amazon and their so called discounts! I ordered this more than a few weeks ago for about $42 and change. When I checked my Shopping Cart the price actually went up to 47 dollars! So much for their "Low Price Guarantee" and a couple of bucks savings. Serves me right for shopping there.

So I cancelled order. What is weird is when I reordered it, I got the lower price again. I recommend checking your pre-orders at Amazon before they go through.

So I'm getting ready to jump on this psychedelic bus... and I gotta order.

importcd : $43.38 shipped
moose: $49.97 , free ship using 10 day media mail, +$4.99 for priority.
amazon: $42.39 shipped, but I pay tax here. boosting it to $45.78

looks like importcd is the winner by a nose. Anyting I'm missing? Where is Clint when you need him?:D

So I'm getting ready to jump on this psychedelic bus... and I gotta order.

importcd : $43.38 shipped
moose: $49.97 , free ship using 10 day media mail, +$4.99 for priority.
amazon: $42.39 shipped, but I pay tax here. boosting it to $45.78

looks like importcd is the winner by a nose. Anyting I'm missing? Where is Clint when you need him?:D

Try DD and use promo code CHESTNUTS and see if you get a discount...not sure if it will work....but it did for me HERE

Last edited:
Hey All.......

Beware of Amazon and their so called discounts! I ordered this more than a few weeks ago for about $42 and change. When I checked my Shopping Cart the price actually went up to 47 dollars! So much for their "Low Price Guarantee" and a couple of bucks savings. Serves me right for shopping there.

So I cancelled order. What is weird is when I reordered it, I got the lower price again. I recommend checking your pre-orders at Amazon before they go through.

I mentioned amazon's pricing in another post a couple of months ago...it was about amazonUK but it appears this policy is now in effect on amazon US....you won't automatically get the lowest price on pre orders UNLESS it lists Pre-Order Price Guarantee on the listing....HERE

Back