Jimi Hendrix - "Electric Ladyland" (50th Anniversary Edition with new 5.1 mix on Blu-Ray) 11/9/2018

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've been checking deep discount and ImportCD everyday. So far no posting [I checked at 3 AM] but I'm sure Import will offer a great deal. But it's worth it......at any price.

edit: Clinty, we clicked post reply at the same time. Import CD's price is insanely low @ $40.40. WOW HD is $10 ABOVE list price......[$59.95]

Will probably pre~order from ImportCD: https://www.importcds.com/electric-ladyland-50th-anniversary-deluxe-edition/190758590226

Last edited:
Eddie Kramer talks about the new release:

OOH YEAH!!! This is getting mouth-watering..!!! :p

“The whole idea with the 5.1 mix was, ‘What would Jimi have done?'” Kramer explains. “I had this joystick, which was a 5.1 panning device, [and] I would listen to the original stereo mix and go, ‘OK, I did that in the stereo.’ Now in the 5.1, I’m going to zip it from left to right, center to back and zoom it all around.’ If Jimi had lived, he would have been so excited to hear that buzzing around his head. He would have said, ‘Yeah, man, do that. Move that sound around.'”

:love: :rocks :51QQ

OOH YEAH!!! This is getting mouth-watering..!!! :p

“The whole idea with the 5.1 mix was, ‘What would Jimi have done?'” Kramer explains. “I had this joystick, which was a 5.1 panning device, [and] I would listen to the original stereo mix and go, ‘OK, I did that in the stereo.’ Now in the 5.1, I’m going to zip it from left to right, center to back and zoom it all around.’ If Jimi had lived, he would have been so excited to hear that buzzing around his head. He would have said, ‘Yeah, man, do that. Move that sound around.'”

:love::rocks:51QQ

an announcement must be close..!! :unsure:

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/...ric-ladyland-50th-anniversary-reissue-720782/

Eddie Kramer talks about the new release:

An affirmation from Eddie Kramer that the six months they put into creating this magnificent box set should be the definitive 5.1 remix of Electric Ladyland plus a live performance from the Hollywood Bowl.

This for me is THE 5.1 Surround release of the year [and the year isn't over yet].

Thanks for sharing Private Universe.

Any hope of a promo code to dump on that?

You have until November 9th to pre~order so if you want to take a chance the most ImportCD offers is 10%. It's already $20 below list and WOW HD Australia is $14 above list. Unless you put it in your basket and leave it there and they MIGHT offer you a $5 coupon as an incentive....but you have to log in first.

You have until November 9th to pre~order so if you want to take a chance the most ImportCD offers is 10%. It's already $20 below list and WOW HD Australia is $14 above list. Unless you put it in your basket and leave it there and they MIGHT offer you a $5 coupon as an incentive....but you have to log in first.
I'm logged in and it's in my cart. I have NEVER been the lucky recipient of the mythical $5 discount email... :cry:

I think I did receive only one. Clint Eastwood's the lucky one in this department. I think they salivate over his name...but then, again, it's only a pseudonym!
I assume that leaving the tab for the importcds cart open in one's browser and maybe even keeping the computer awake is part of the magic formula for coupon receipt. Or not. o_O

Back