Keith Emerson

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

omega4

QQ Supporter
Since 2002/2003
Really sad news from Keith Emerson. Received a newsletter announcing the cancellation of his US and European tour because of a condition with his hand that prevents him from playing at the moment and possibly for some considerable time. This was accompanied by the announcement that the "Emerson Lake and Palmer tour" planned for later this year is also cancelled. All this in the week that his mother has died. My sympathies are with Keith.

For someone who has given so many so much pleasure he deserves some luck in overcoming these difficulties and particularly getting back to fitness. I wish him all the very best. There is a Guestbook on his website for those who may wish to leave a message of suppport.

http://www.keithemerson.com/TourInfo/2009/2009UsaEuropeTourCancel.html

Emerson was always an enthusiastic player, to say the least, which one not only heard but saw in what concert videos exist. All those years of enthusiasm seem to have caught up with him, which is very unfortunate since he can't do the one thing he's lived for.

That the tour has been canceled suggests this may be something he can't recover from. My best to him.

ED :)

This is not the first time an issue with the hand(s) has changed his plans. I'll need to read up on this.

Fingers crossed for 40th anniv ELP catalog program next year with the Crimson model.....?

Back