King Crimson DVD-A Discussion

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Steven's completed the first ten studio albums by King Crimson up to & including TOAPP, as already posted.
He's also doing some 5.1 for Universal right now (cannot say what) as well as the new solo album, and doubtless the next PT album will follow in due course.
The man has just done so much work lately I think he is entitled to some time off - even though he will not take it!
(There is a great line in the documentary of "Insurgentes" where he admits that he has "no life at all - all he does is makes music").

Give the man a break - he's prolific already.

Well, Rush is out of the question. Do you mean that Universal has the rights to all these? I would have thought that Prince was Warner, NiN Nothing/Interscope, ABBA Polar, and... well, the rest I don't know.

I hope for The Fragile, then. :)

another little bit from Fripp's Feb 21 diary basically confirming that at least one live disc is getting done:
… a 5.1 mix of The Nightwatch: live KC at the Amsterdam Concertgebouw in November 1973.

Horror! Terror! Awfulness! In revisiting this place once again; and meeting some astonishing moments of many kinds. KC can always pull defeat from the jaws of triumph, especially if a mellotron is involved; and the violin is not an instrument built for heavy rocking-out. Today, David uses an electric instrument & would hold a powerful own against Bass Beasts of Terror & Flying Brick Walls. Would that have been available 1972-74.

Steven usually declines mixing in 5.1 with live performances, but for this is initiator & suggestor. Surround presents very very revealed errors & dropped notes that, in stereo, would be coalesced into stereo soup. Here, they are on full view, with signposts in case innocent audients missed opportunities for clam chowder.

Steven's completed the first ten studio albums by King Crimson up to & including TOAPP, as already posted.
He's also doing some 5.1 for Universal right now (cannot say what) as well as the new solo album, and doubtless the next PT album will follow in due course.
The man has just done so much work lately I think he is entitled to some time off - even though he will not take it!
(There is a great line in the documentary of "Insurgentes" where he admits that he has "no life at all - all he does is makes music").

Give the man a break - he's prolific already.

I predict that of the remaining KC reissues, Larks' and Starless & Bible Black will be released together. Discipline, Beat, and Three of a Perfect Pair will be released together. And THRAK and The Power to Believe will be released together. And the live album will be USA. It's listed at the top of www.king-crimson.com

I guess I'm curious as to why The Construction of Light won't be remixed in 5.1

" 5.1 mix of The Nightwatch: live KC at the Amsterdam Concertgebouw in November 1973. "

Want USA very badly so that's good news. However the live track mentioned about is NOT part of that so we may have a surprise in store. If it's material along the lines of The Great Deceiver 1972-74 material I'm all in! Put the apple in my mouth I'm blissed beyond recognition.

" 5.1 mix of The Nightwatch: live KC at the Amsterdam Concertgebouw in November 1973. "

Want USA very badly so that's good news. However the live track mentioned about is NOT part of that so we may have a surprise in store. If it's material along the lines of The Great Deceiver 1972-74 material I'm all in! Put the apple in my mouth I'm blissed beyond recognition.

Tim - this is actually a fantastic live concert released on Discipline Records with the Red lineup (Fripp, Wetton, Bruford and Cross). Here's the album description and link from amazon;

http://www.amazon.com/Night-Watch-King-Crimson/dp/B000005OO5

Yes of course, I've had that since it came out. Some of Starless & Bible Black came from this show, etc.

What I'm getting at is the track was not part of USA, which is the only live album announced that I know of. If it's this album, that's great. Has it been confirmed anywhere?

As long as I can have Exiles from USA in this format I'm just ecstatic. After comparing to a couple dozen performances from the 73 & 74 tours, I believe Fripp picked the best version for USA with it's transcendent timing, soul piercing solo and perfect wistful delivery.

Everything else is gravy! It's all good and still my favorite period....

Steven usually declines mixing in 5.1 with live performances

Really? 'Arriving Somewhere', 'Anesthetize' and 'Mixtaped' were all live performances mixed to 5.1 by SW.

Look out for more than you think.......and that is all I am saying right now!

Neil, you rascal, you! :D

So, probably at least two more than on the poster.

large1863.jpg

Not official by any means, but Steven has a post on his facebook page today which includes:

The new SW solo record is still on track for September release, and I think the next two King Crimson remixes (Larks Tongues in Aspic and Starless and Bible Black) will be out around the same time.

Back