Klaus Schultze live 2010 "Big in Japan"

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Okay, this has gotten released for the USA and europe as well now, as a 2CD + DVD set so it can be had for around $20 - much better fit for my budget!

My "american edition" arrived in the mail today - not yet watched the DVD but did play one of the cd's. If you like Schulze you'll probably like this...if not, then no, Interesting though is that he plays some guitar in this concert. I'll try get to the DVD tomorrow and update as to the 5.1 on the DVD...

Just watched the DVD...

First off, the bad....as suspected it's just dolby 5.1. Also, and I'd guess that most would figure this out without seeing it, he's not exactly exciting to watch unless you're a mad-scientist synth aficionado.

The good...I thought the mix was done quite well. The first couple minutes where he was just doing some synth pads had me a bit worried but once the sequences and leads kicked in there was great use of the rears and lots of movement. It was very very enjoyable for someone like me who has been listening to Schulze since the 70's and also likes to tinker around with synths. It's one of those dvd's that I'll put in the player and turn the screen off and just listen in the dark with my eyes shut.

Back