Larry Fast - Synergy: Electronic Realisations for Rock Orchestra in 5.1 on DVD-A

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Failed Muso

800 Club - QQ All-Star
Larry Fast is currently canvassing opinion on his Facebook page to see if there would be enough interest for a 5.1 mix on DVD-A of his Synergy - Electronic Realisations for Rock Orchestra album...

A little informal poll: who would be interested in buying a 5.1 DVD-audio of Electronic Realizations remixed from the original multitrack into DTS 24 bit/96 khz surround sound? It's an idea batted around as a possibility at the label, but only if there is enough interest.

https://www.facebook.com/lfast

For those not familiar with the album...

http://www.allmusic.com/album/synergy-electronic-realizations-for-rock-orchestra-mw0000650861

https://youtu.be/nDM6kd8rk3g

Larry Fast is currently canvassing opinion on his Facebook page to see if there would be enough interest for a 5.1 mix on DVD-A of his Synergy - Electronic Realisations for Rock Orchestra album...

https://www.facebook.com/lfast

Thanks very much for the heads-up on this. I've always been a big fan of Larry's work.

Unfortunately the above link seems to be down at the moment, and not being on Facebook, I'm not sure if I could reach him that way. For others in similar circumstances, his email appears to be:

[email protected]

I hope he gets a solid response to this idea. All of his Synergy albums would be perfect candidates for some mind-bending surround mixes.

-- Jim

I've often seen this for sale on Quad vinyl, sounds interesting, very Tomita like to me. I'd buy it in 5.1!

FYI - The stereo of this album is QS encoded and available on HDTRACKS at 192/24 & 96/24.

http://www.hdtracks.com/electronic-realizations-for-rock-orchestra-134199

Hi LK,

I can't find a mention of QS encoding on the HDTracks site. Do you have a link to where this is discussed? Also, do you happen to know if the other two Synergy titles there (Sequencer and Cords) are also QS encoded?

Thanks,

- Jim

[EDIT] Oops, never mind, found it, sorry. From Larry's web site, under the FAQ for Electronic Realizations:

"All copies of this SYNERGY recording are in quad; there is no separate stereo release."

The QS Encoding is also mentioned in the PDF booklet with the download (IIRC).

A little informal poll: who would be interested in buying a 5.1 DVD-audio of Electronic Realizations remixed from the original multitrack into DTS 24 bit/96 khz surround sound? It's an idea batted around as a possibility at the label, but only if there is enough interest.
DTS 24 bit/96 khz is not dvd-audio.

I tried the link, but it didn't work, maybe because i don't have a facebook account ? Anyway, i would definately buy this in surround.

I don't see it either, but it looks like you have to be friended by Larry to see his posts.

Maybe we should start a poll here (like the on Fourplay started for Switched on Bach) and once there are a significant amount of votes, someone who's a Facebook friend of Larry's could point him in our direction to let him know the results. I know I'd certainly buy a copy. I played that album a lot in college.

Okay, so it seems there is a little more movement on this front. Not sure if anyone here buys from Artist Shop (Gary Davis....good guy with good taste) but his newest email blast contains the following (note, I toyed with the formatting a bit to delete album cover pics and links etc):

Artist Shop Newsletter

# 693

June 15, 2016

Hi, folks,

Today's newsletter is a very different sort. Instead of listing all the new and future CD releases, today we're conducting a poll on behalf of our good friend, Larry "Synergy" Fast. The subject of this poll will, no doubt, include some very exciting news for many of you. Larry is considering creating 5.1 Surround Sound mixes of some of the titles in his catalog.

Yeeeeeha!

Any fan of Synergy will know that his music is orchestral in scope and a 5.1 Surround Sound mix is just a natural for it! Can't wait! That's all I can say about it. Anyway, the purpose of this poll is to give some feedback to Larry on what the fans want. So please review all the questions below, email your responses back to me, I'll tabulate your responses and forward the info to Larry.

Larry "Synergy" Fast

1. If Larry can only do one format, which do you prefer? Please select one of the answers below.

A. I will only buy Blu-Ray, I don't mind paying a little extra for it
B. I will only buy DVD
C. Are you kidding? Synergy 5.1? I'll take either format.

2. The Synergy Catalog - if it turns out that Larry can't do his entire catalog, which titles do you consider most essential? Please list them in order of importance to you.

Synergy/Electronic Realizations for Rock Orchestra
Synergy/Sequencer
Synergy/Cords
Synergy/Games
Synergy/Audion
Synergy/Computer Experiments Vol. 1
Synergy/The Jupiter Menace
Synergy/Metropolitan Suite Synergy/Semi-Conductor [Release 2]
Synergy/Reconstructed Artifacts
Synergy/Computer Experiments Vol. 1

3. Which is your preferred method of packaging?

A. Gem Case
B. Digipack
C. Mini-LP Sleeve
D. Some other packaging - please describe

4. Blu-Ray and/or DVD Content - Many of today's 5.1 mix discs include other content such as various stereo mixes, needle drop, lossless, etc, etc. Please list the extras you think MUST be on the 5.1 disc.

5. Package Content - Many Blu-Ray/DVD 5.1 mixes come as a two disc set with a CD. How do you feel about that?

A. No, thanks, a single disc is fine. I really don't want to pay extra for the CD.
B. Yes, please include a CD.
C. Include a CD, yes, but it should be an alternate stereo mix of the original album like the King Crimson 40th Anniversary series.
D. If there's another package content you prefer, describe it.

6. What have you been dying to hear in 5.1 Surround Sound? Aside from the Synergy catalog, name your favorite titles that that you can't wait to buy in 5.1 Surround Sound.

7. Comments? Anything you want to say on the subject that hasn't been covered above?

Many thanks for all your help. It's appreciated more than you know. The next regular newsletter is in the works.

Spread the word!

Gary

The Artist Shop
http://www.artist-shop.com
877-856-1158 or 330-929-2056

Back