Leslie West - Blue Me ... Great in Surround Sound.

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Quadzilla

Exiled QQ Veteran
Since 2002/2003
I have always enjoyed albums by established artists doing cover tunes. Styx - Big Band Theory is one of my favourites. Like most of us, I have been starved for something new to listen to, so I started browsing around one of my favourite eBay sellers; micksmuse. He always has some great stuff that nobody else seems to have.

Anyway, I bought a 2006 CD by Leslie West (Remember Mountain? ...They had a few legacy quad LPs in the 70s), called Blue Me. It is fantastic, and it plays very cool in surround sound using DPL or DPL II. I have yet to try it on my Tate or QSD-2, but I expect it will be pretty cool. The sound quality is fantastic too.

With West's raunchy voice, and his searing guitar; this is some great blues ... and some great slide playing in places as well. He covers some classic blues tunes like Hit the Road Jack, Four Day Creep, I Woke Up This Morning, and Muddy Waters' Standing Around Crying. He also covers some newer stuff by Free (Woman), CCR (Green River), and Montrose (One Thing on my Mind). The last song is a fantastic version of Gershwins' Summertime. There are 11 songs in total.

Anyway, I am done. If you ever see this disk ... BUY IT ... and try it in surround sound ... unless you don't like the blues of course. :eek: Mike.

Back