Fish announces future Dolby Atmos deluxe remixes from his back catalogue ("13th Star" out in July!)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That CD/DVD of Feast came out over 10 years ago. Who knows, if these sell well he may decide to revisit Feast with surround mixes. If he does, that's one of the titles I'd probably pick up especially since I skipped the earlier release due to lack of surround.

Derek said back in the middle of February, "Both 'Vigil' and Internal' will be put up for preorder in late March once I know the delivery date of the product. I am assuming no problems with the deluxes and a 6-8 week turnaround that will give us units at the end of April." I'd say it's late March, hopefully pre-order begins tomorrow 🤞 providing he knows the delivery 🚚 date.

Was wondering what was going on.
Here are the latest from the Big Man from his facebook:
May 3rd

Well there's busy weeks , franticated weeks and those weeks where your world makes creaking sounds. This was a close one and designated a 'Rorkes Drift' week where I needed a three rank firing company and some fixed bayonets to hold the line behind the sandbags.
Last weekend with Steve Vantsis here we smacked the to do list about big time as we had to.
We now have two completely different setlists of around 34 songs between them ,not a weak one anywhere and both in an order that will send anyone home with a big teary smile. We also worked out all the new keys as this 66 year old needs to slide and not struggle through sets that are both on the two hour marker and take in material from across 42 years of a singing career. We sent them out to the band two days ago and so far everyone is very happy with the choices and the route maps. A good sign
🙂

We also hammered the artwork and both the deluxe sets are ready to go to hardback book and sleeve production - the element that takes the longest. The 4 cd's on both tiles are in place and the Blu rays are being pieced together in the next week. Only the 'Vigil' Dolby Atmos and 5.1 mixes are outstanding as Calum is handing in the finished stereo mix over the weekend. The 'legals' took a while and I still have to dot i's and cross t's and check and double check and triple check all the smallprint. The think I hate the most on projects and the thing that causes the most headache if it's wrong.
I'll have to go through every page again next week and check all the menus and contents of the blu rays one more time before the next.
The three CD standard remixed albums are also on the way to manufacture and I'll be talking to Seabass Vinyl about the double gatefold vinyls next week before we head to Berneray for a week on site at the croft.
If I am 150% confident we are all in place and the manufacturer can confirm the delivery date, as I know he can ,we will be putting everything up for preorder in the last week of May after we get back from the island. It's going to be a major commitment and we are going to be on full engine bore as the Studio goes up for sale at the same time.
As I said it was a full barricade moment these last days and yesterday the first full van headed north to catch a ferry tonight to drop stuff off at the croft where this afternoon Angus has been painting the floor to get it dry in time for delivery tomorrow afternoon. We had to box so many books yesterday that are going up in the Transit Trail with us next weekend while the furniture was all loaded up in the van on a late call yesterday because the ferries were getting booked up. We needed to get a lot of the furniture away to empty the studio as it's being photographed and videod next week for the sales material that the estate agents need to get it on the market before the end of the month. Yes it is that full on
Amongst all that I managed to repair a fence which needed a practical full rebuild , Simone planted up a whole section of the vegetable garden, I had my first singing lesson, our friend Henk sorted through a ton of videos that are now being digitised and the empties filling the next skip outside the Studio, I had a major interview with the Scotsman newspaper and managed to find a way through a rainwater collector/ water storage unit conundrum up on the croft as we discovered we are too far away from mains water hydrants and need fire fighting reservoirs. The last sounds easy - it wasn't.
Yep a Rorkes Drift of a week and before I settle down to an evening in front of a camera I've got to visit my mum and get prepped up for another Fish on Friday.
I'm looking forward to the break
🙂

so lots to tell you including the latest on the elecricity bill I told you about last week - you'll get a buzz of that
🙂

Anyway catch you all later at 6pm UK time for tales , toons and banter
Front rank - fire!!!
Fish x
oh and a huge big shout out to Rob Skarin and his lady who are getting married somewhere this weekend . Have a great one guys and huge congratulations to you both , have a brilliant day!
May be an image of ‎1 person, drink and ‎text that says '‎脂 פדל 動 ON FRIDAY LIVE EVERY FRIDAY EEVERYFRIDAYAT6PMUKTIME AT 6PM UK TIME NOW STREAMING ON rACEOOK, YOUTUBE WWSTAUNGOKFACERO.YOTETIT & TWITTER‎'‎‎

All reactions:

May 10-th Update frpm the Big Man:

Regret to inform you I am stepping away from the camera for tonight and next Friday. I'm away next week and have way too much to deal with before I go including cleaning and clearing this control room and an errant garden which Simone needs a helping hand with . The photography and videos are happening in the next few days as the Studio is being set up to go on sale at the end of the month. It's full on here and there's a transit trail van sitting in the drive with an engine idling that's heading up to Berneray follwing the first removal van that landed last Saturday.
It's a white knuckle ride just now as we have moved past the tilt point and there's definitely no turning back now. Angus started on the groundworks for the new house two days ago as the painters moved into the Whitehouse. It's at the finishing stages on the renovation and we will be able to move in to the house at the end of next month.
Everything is now swinging on the sale of the Studio and we are hoping we don't have to actually move out till August as the 'Internal Exile' and Vigil in a Wilderness of Mirrors' releases will be arriving and we have to move them out on the mail order . It's going to be a near run affair and we will have to get all the preorders out asap.
This week Steve, Calum, David Barras and I have been correcting and compiling, checking and checking and checking again as we get the albums ready to go to manufacture. 'Exile' is 98% there and 'Vigil' about 95%. The stress levels are through the roof as we try to get these all together. If I get the thumbs up the albums will be on preorder at the end of this month. That includes the deluxe versions , the standard versions and the double gatefold vinyl of both titles.
I'll know a lot more when I get back from the island but that's the plan.
There's so much going on that I have to call this post short as Steve is bouncing images to check as I type. It will all be worth it in the end but for now we are operating at full capacity and beyond
have a fine fortnight and I'll see you when I get back with a ton of updates from across the board and beyond
until then
take care
Fish

Was wondering what was going on.
Here are the latest from the Big Man from his facebook:
May 3rd

Well there's busy weeks , franticated weeks and those weeks where your world makes creaking sounds. This was a close one and designated a 'Rorkes Drift' week where I needed a three rank firing company and some fixed bayonets to hold the line behind the sandbags.
Last weekend with Steve Vantsis here we smacked the to do list about big time as we had to.
We now have two completely different setlists of around 34 songs between them ,not a weak one anywhere and both in an order that will send anyone home with a big teary smile. We also worked out all the new keys as this 66 year old needs to slide and not struggle through sets that are both on the two hour marker and take in material from across 42 years of a singing career. We sent them out to the band two days ago and so far everyone is very happy with the choices and the route maps. A good sign
🙂

We also hammered the artwork and both the deluxe sets are ready to go to hardback book and sleeve production - the element that takes the longest. The 4 cd's on both tiles are in place and the Blu rays are being pieced together in the next week. Only the 'Vigil' Dolby Atmos and 5.1 mixes are outstanding as Calum is handing in the finished stereo mix over the weekend. The 'legals' took a while and I still have to dot i's and cross t's and check and double check and triple check all the smallprint. The think I hate the most on projects and the thing that causes the most headache if it's wrong.
I'll have to go through every page again next week and check all the menus and contents of the blu rays one more time before the next.
The three CD standard remixed albums are also on the way to manufacture and I'll be talking to Seabass Vinyl about the double gatefold vinyls next week before we head to Berneray for a week on site at the croft.
If I am 150% confident we are all in place and the manufacturer can confirm the delivery date, as I know he can ,we will be putting everything up for preorder in the last week of May after we get back from the island. It's going to be a major commitment and we are going to be on full engine bore as the Studio goes up for sale at the same time.
As I said it was a full barricade moment these last days and yesterday the first full van headed north to catch a ferry tonight to drop stuff off at the croft where this afternoon Angus has been painting the floor to get it dry in time for delivery tomorrow afternoon. We had to box so many books yesterday that are going up in the Transit Trail with us next weekend while the furniture was all loaded up in the van on a late call yesterday because the ferries were getting booked up. We needed to get a lot of the furniture away to empty the studio as it's being photographed and videod next week for the sales material that the estate agents need to get it on the market before the end of the month. Yes it is that full on
Amongst all that I managed to repair a fence which needed a practical full rebuild , Simone planted up a whole section of the vegetable garden, I had my first singing lesson, our friend Henk sorted through a ton of videos that are now being digitised and the empties filling the next skip outside the Studio, I had a major interview with the Scotsman newspaper and managed to find a way through a rainwater collector/ water storage unit conundrum up on the croft as we discovered we are too far away from mains water hydrants and need fire fighting reservoirs. The last sounds easy - it wasn't.
Yep a Rorkes Drift of a week and before I settle down to an evening in front of a camera I've got to visit my mum and get prepped up for another Fish on Friday.
I'm looking forward to the break
🙂

so lots to tell you including the latest on the elecricity bill I told you about last week - you'll get a buzz of that
🙂

Anyway catch you all later at 6pm UK time for tales , toons and banter
Front rank - fire!!!
Fish x
oh and a huge big shout out to Rob Skarin and his lady who are getting married somewhere this weekend . Have a great one guys and huge congratulations to you both , have a brilliant day!
May be an image of ‎1 person, drink and ‎text that says '‎脂 פדל 動 ON FRIDAY LIVE EVERY FRIDAY EEVERYFRIDAYAT6PMUKTIME AT 6PM UK TIME NOW STREAMING ON rACEOOK, YOUTUBE WWSTAUNGOKFACERO.YOTETIT & TWITTER‎'‎‎'‎脂 פדל 動 ON FRIDAY LIVE EVERY FRIDAY EEVERYFRIDAYAT6PMUKTIME AT 6PM UK TIME NOW STREAMING ON rACEOOK, YOUTUBE WWSTAUNGOKFACERO.YOTETIT & TWITTER‎'‎‎

All reactions:
so it looks like preorders will be the end of May
Sounds good!

Back