let's talk of multichannel streaming services?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
well; waiting for the new model of apple tv (rumors say within first half of 2024), i need your advices: for example will i miss anything with the wifi only version -i would avoid a long ethernet cable but i do not want any lag or buffering during the playback-? i wonder because i heard good but also horrific things about apple tvs

atmos mixes on apple music: do i find any list of the available titles when i browse the catalogue or i discover the new additions "by chance"?
thanks to everyone in advance
Ethernet cable is intended to have long runs. I don’t remember the spec, but the only issue is that you have to run the wire, and maybe add a switch. I’m in the process of running CAT6 to every bedroom and living (family) room in my house.

Ethernet cable is intended to have long runs. I don’t remember the spec, but the only issue is that you have to run the wire, and maybe add a switch. I’m in the process of running CAT6 to every bedroom and living (family) room in my house.
I have cabled into the walls. The ADSL router is on the landing at the top of the stairs, connected to a 24-port 1Gb switch in the loft, and then twin cables running to every room, including the Bathroom, its nice lying in the bath listening to music from the NAS/DAB/Internet!

well; waiting for the new model of apple tv (rumors say within first half of 2024), i need your advices: for example will i miss anything with the wifi only version -i would avoid a long ethernet cable but i do not want any lag or buffering during the playback-? i wonder because i heard good but also horrific things about apple tvs

atmos mixes on apple music: do i find any list of the available titles when i browse the catalogue or i discover the new additions "by chance"?
thanks to everyone in advance
Newest models are not the goal. The A2169 model (2nd gen) is the one to get. There is a discontinued thread here that talks about how cheap the new Apple TV 4K+s are, and that the build quality of A2169 is the one to get. Nevermind that you might think the OP has an agenda for upgrading ATV4ks; the video of his pull-apart is all you need to know about build quality IMHO.

https://www.quadraphonicquad.com/fo...ing-in-build-quality.35381/page-4#post-751272

The catalogue is pretty much the same. Some titles are offered in 360RA, but most albums stream in Atmos on Tidal. I don't see too much of a difference.
You should try a trial period of subscription to check if all you are after is available.

@HomerJAU suggests purchasing an Amazon Firestick 4K, which will allow you to stream Atmos and 360RA regardless of the TV used. For 360RA, we assume your AV processor or receiver is recent (for example, Denon 4800 or similar.

I'm an Apple fan, I've always used iPhones (and I must confess, I also save my lossless files in ALAC). However, I see no point in buying an Apple TV when I can have all I need to simpler tools.
Hope this helps!

The catalogue is pretty much the same. Some titles are offered in 360RA, but most albums stream in Atmos on Tidal. I don't see too much of a difference.
You should try a trial period of subscription to check if all you are after is available.

@HomerJAU suggests purchasing an Amazon Firestick 4K, which will allow you to stream Atmos and 360RA regardless of the TV used. For 360RA, we assume your AV processor or receiver is recent (for example, Denon 4800 or similar.

I'm an Apple fan, I've always used iPhones (and I must confess, I also save my lossless files in ALAC). However, I see no point in buying an Apple TV when I can have all I need to simpler tools.
Hope this helps!

Newest models are not the goal. The A2169 model (2nd gen) is the one to get. There is a discontinued thread here that talks about how cheap the new Apple TV 4K+s are, and that the build quality of A2169 is the one to get. Nevermind that you might think the OP has an agenda for upgrading ATV4ks; the video of his pull-apart is all you need to know about build quality IMHO.

https://www.quadraphonicquad.com/fo...ing-in-build-quality.35381/page-4#post-751272
thanks for your info...but i wonder...new model is not yet out: are we sure is it going to be so bad? just saying.
what you think is a fair price for a used A2169? thank you

Thanks for finding the link.

Just to try I installed Tidal app on Samsung tv...I searched pet sounds, but I don't see any Atmos version... And I'm already sure Atmos won't work on Tizen... But still ... How do I find the multichannel versions of the albums in their catalogue?

Just to try I installed Tidal app on Samsung tv...I searched pet sounds, but I don't see any Atmos version... And I'm already sure Atmos won't work on Tizen... But still ... How do I find the multichannel versions of the albums in their catalogue?
As has been said on these threads many times....you need Tidal app on a streamer box that is capable of Atmos, like an Apple TV 4K+ box (or Firestick and Amazon ). Installing an app on your tv won't cut it!

thanks for your info...but i wonder...new model is not yet out: are we sure is it going to be so bad? just saying.

The new model referred to is the currently available 3rd generation. The previous model 2nd generation (A2169) is the one purported to be best. No one's seen the 4th generation yet to come out as far as I know.

I think the Apple TV is a great product, but for my use, I don't see the point of adding a device when I can stream atmos via my LG TV.

I don't think that all TVs allow Atmos streaming via the Tidal App. I know that LG TVs do, not sure about Samsungs and other brands.

It's challenging to search for Atmos albums via the TV and it is impossible via the PC app, unless they are tagged. The best way is via the mobile/tablet app because you will immediately see the Atmos logo.

Michael Jackson is available in 360RA.
All Things Must Pass is available in Atmos (I'm listening to it right now). Perhaps, try searching via mobile, it's easier.

Thanks for the suggestion. I found Thriller on the mobile app, but I can't find All Things Must Pass. Can you send me a link?

Thanks! I think I'm region locked (I'm in the US for reference). I was hoping to save it as a favorite or whatever so I could find it on the streaming app, but I don't have the option to favorite it.
I don't do streaming, but wondered have you tried using a VPN and selecting Australia as your region, or is Tidal 'hardwired' so it wouldn't play if it detected you were VPNed into another region?

Back