• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Quadraphonic Quad and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Lexicon RV8: Not working but @FREE@ to a QQ member

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ar surround

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
After 32 years I am moving on from Lexicon equipment. My RV8 stopped working. I have purchased new equipment and decided not to repair the RV8. From discussions with Lexicon's NYC authorized repair shop, it appears to be a power supply board failure, but he hasn't looked at the unit so there may be more issues.

Therefore, I am offering this unit gratis to any QQ member who might want to mess with it. It comes with the power cord, remote control and instruction manual...all 256 pages of it, all in English. I have all the original packaging.

Here is the catch: The RV8 must be picked up. I will help you get this 75 lb beast into your vehicle. I will not ship it; nor will I drive anywhere to make the transfer. I will not offer the remote control unit separately at this time.
If there is no interest in the RV8, I may sell the remote at a later date.

Some tidbits on this unit:

- It is V2.0101 of March 2008 (the last firmware revision) and includes the internal fan
- Configurable for dual 5.1 analog inputs
- Output is rated 140 wpc RMS 0.02% TDH into 8 ohms with all 7 channels operating. Amps are stable down to 2 ohms.
- Adjustable Logic7 (L7 Film, L7 Music, L7 Music Surround): surround roll off frequency, rear channel delay, among other adjustments.
- It can put a Logic7 overlay over a 5.1 source. This is very effective on certain recordings.
- Additional tone control called Tilt Equalization. I had used this feature extensively and I'm really going to miss it.

PM me if interested.

Lexicon RV8.jpg

I was easily able to get the service manual for this unit. It reminded me of the service manuals we used to get with HP equipment and Tektronix equipment. Very very comprehensive. The power amps and power supply are built by Crown. Not by a third party as on the YouTooob preamp repair.
But they look serviceable.

I was easily able to get the service manual for this unit. It reminded me of the service manuals we used to get with HP equipment and Tektronix equipment. Very very comprehensive. The power amps and power supply are built by Crown. Not by a third party as on the YouTooob preamp repair.
But they look serviceable.
Considering you are the Super Repairman at the Uni, this should be right up your alley. A fine piece of gear (when working) & generous of @ar surround to offer it!

It took years for me to master everything that the RV8 is capable of doing in the right situation. I loved its versatility, but it was time to move on and totally confuse myself again with Atmos and Auro 3D. ;)

Back