Listening now to this stereo/mono CD.

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

Clement

QQ Lifetime Supporter
QQ Lifetime Supporter
The Four Tops' Summer of Love release (July 1967)
1611085100118.png
Four Tops Reach Out

Clement

QQ Lifetime Supporter
QQ Lifetime Supporter

The Rang

1K Club - QQ Shooting Star
98FD4DBE-C5EC-41AC-91AE-0BFCB96282A4.jpeg
U2 - songs of innocence
This has been sitting in my pile for 6 years. Why that long? Dunno, maybe afraid to be disappointed again after three lacklustre albums in a row.
Well, the delay was my loss.
This is a great album and though a bit compressed in places it sounds better than previous recent releases.
Who knows maybe I wouldn’t have ‘got it’ had I played it sooner,

Clement

QQ Lifetime Supporter
QQ Lifetime Supporter

The Rang

B493A4C2-5440-4BCE-89BC-0E37FDC95379.jpeg
Ian Matthews - Stealin’ Home
Probably his most commercial album, from 1978. Innocuous late 70’s soft rock.
As with most Omnivore Records reissues the sound is not terrible, but not great either.

marpow

QQ Lifetime Supporter
QQ Lifetime Supporter
Keeping that mellow, singer/songwriter going, in this case adding that haunting feeling with the giant hit Nasty Letter. Great CD.
R-4993372-1608228360-3597.jpeg.jpg

4_everyman

QQ Supporter
Since 2002/2003
View attachment 62096
Ian Matthews - Stealin’ Home
Probably his most commercial album, from 1978. Innocuous late 70’s soft rock.
As with most Omnivore Records reissues the sound is not terrible, but not great either.
Some years back (and I can't recall how many it's been), my wife and I saw Ian perform at a small club in Wilmington, Delaware. We had a chance to talk with him before and after the show. I asked him, "So who's the woman on the cover of Stealin' Home?" He chucked and said, "Honestly, I have no idea. The label handled the cover art."

BTW, he's one helluva nice guy. My wife and I had been fans of his since the Matthews Southern Comfort days. Seeing that show and getting the chance to talk with him remains one of our favorite concert experiences.

The Rang

Some years back (and I can't recall how many it's been), my wife and I saw Ian perform at a small club in Wilmington, Delaware. We had a chance to talk with him before and after the show. I asked him, "So who's the woman on the cover of Stealin' Home?" He chucked and said, "Honestly, I have no idea. The label handled the cover art."

BTW, he's one helluva nice guy. My wife and I had been fans of his since the Matthews Southern Comfort days. Seeing that show and getting the chance to talk with him remains one of our favorite concert experiences.
Great story :)
I meant to add to my comments; the Omnivore version has bonus concert tracks recorded at Texas A&M. I enjoyed them as much, if not more, than the main album. Most of the Stealin’ Home tracks are better live IMO.

Quad Linda

Staff member
Mojo Hand - Lightnin' Hopkins (from Eight Albums 4 CD box) UK

Complete Atlantic & Reprise - Barbra Lewis UK 5 albums plus on 3CD.

Original Singles A&B 1965-1971 - Byrds Japan 2 CD.
I haven't had a chance to a/b this to my US CD (brown) of early Singles & CD of later Singles (blue UK only). This set just arrived.

Early Singles sound like they are the same crappy masters as the brown. I expect the blue tracks are well mastered, as the UK LP & CD. This was discussed in Goldmine in the 90's. Sony promised remastering. I hoped that it would be on this set. But nooooo!!

A disappointment, but it's 52 tracks. 50 in mono, 2 in stereo. Oh yes, and the music is nothing short of spectacular!!