Listening now to this stereo/mono CD.

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Been a couple of decades since I listened to this one. I...am...an...IDIOT!!! Absolutely Stunningly good!!!
Disc 1 - Live In The Air Age
live in the air age.jpg

Man – Live At The Padget Rooms, Penarth

"The performance emits a raw sound that seems to spill straight out of the amps,
Full of dynamic improvisation & leaving the album hovering close to the brink of a massive stoner rock-jazz fusion hybrid.
This release offers some extraordinary live versions of early band hits.
Highly recommended to prog fans who want to explore the rich legacy of this Welsh band"

View attachment 71063View attachment 71064
Have you heard the Son Of Man albums "Son Of Man" & "State Of Dystopia"?
Both excellent, George Jones (son of Micky Jones) fronts them, seen them twice really good live, very much like Man!
Son Of Man website & Son Of Man Archives - Cherry Red Records

Have you heard the Son Of Man albums "Son Of Man" & "State Of Dystopia"?
Both excellent, George Jones (son of Micky Jones) fronts them, seen them twice really good live, very much like Man!
(y) Thanks @DuncanS
Amazon music has both of them. I've got them downloaded and ready for my bike ride tomorrow
:)

Likely I'm no help here. I bought Soul Trane as part of 16 CD Prestige Recordings box and again on MoFi SACD. I love the MoFi SACD. Remember MoFi SACD's in super jewel boxes? Admittedly, I've never a/b'ed Soul Trane from the box to the MoFi SACD. A marvelous performance and a great engineering job, as many Prestige releases were.

just finished listening/viewing Japanese Singles Collection - Chicago Japan 2 CD/1 DVD. I bought it for the videos, but realize there are several singles that were severely abbreviated. So, I'm glad to have this.

Supposedly, the complete Carnegie Hall box will arrive today. I plan to a/b it to the 4 CD expanded, perhaps tomorrow.

next up: Atom Heart Mother Japan CD. Haven't looked at BD yet.

Four Beautiful recordings from Montreux Jazz. Listening now to Muddy Waters MQA 16/44.1. wow, really good open, airy, clear as a bell, great stereo. I need to rip the 4 discs to find out what the DR's are and what each unfolds to, I will let you know later. Fantastic Digibooks, great liner and recording notes.
You can buy them hear: Montreux Jazz Shop
thumb_2467_default_small.jpeg

Four Beautiful recordings from Montreux Jazz. Listening now to Muddy Waters MQA 16/44.1. wow, really good open, airy, clear as a bell, great stereo. I need to rip the 4 discs to find out what the DR's are and what each unfolds to, I will let you know later. Fantastic Digibooks, great liner and recording notes.
You can buy them hear: Montreux Jazz Shop
View attachment 71102

WOW, Markie, GREAT FIND.....Four superb artists in genuine MQA~CD format. The website's a little confusing .... Do they ship from China?

CHF, is Swiss Franc, maybe they came from Switzerland, that would make sense, Montreux.
ProductQuantityPrice
Muddy Waters, The Montreux Years, CD1CHF 23,21
Marianne Faithfull, The Montreux Years, CD1CHF 23,21
Etta James, The Montreux Years, Double CD1CHF 23,21
Nina Simone, The Montreux Years, Double CD1CHF 23,21
Subtotal:CHF 92,85
Shipping:CHF 65 via Tarif
Payment method:VISA
Total:CHF 157,84

Back