Listening now to this stereo/mono CD.

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
last few days:

Trouble No More CD's 7 & 8 6/27/81 Live in London - Dylan

Time Out (2ch) & Time Further Out - Dave Brubeck Quartet UK CD

Feel Flows CD 1 (Sunflower album, live & sessions) - Beach Boys

CD 6 & 7 11/20/75 Harvard Square Theater Cambridge, MA
CD 8 & 9 11/21/75 Boston Music Hall (afternoon show)
from Rolling Thunder box - Dylan w/Joan Baez, Roger McGuinn, Joni Mitchell, Mick Ronson, T-Bone Burnett & more

You Are What You Is - Zappa UK CD

CD 5 BBC live concert (audio only, James Taylor guests on 5 tracks) & Blue outtakes from Archives v2 - Joni Mitchell

F94B195B-895B-496F-AC49-0C21BFCC67A9.jpeg
Brian Auger - Introspection

3 disc compilation covering 1967 - 2019
Some great stuff with a nice groove. Find myself liking the older songs the best.
The sound is remarkably consistent given the time span.
Would have liked something more than the meagre liner notes but considering the absurd price I paid ($5.83USD new from Amazon), I ain’t complaining.

View attachment 75715

Some great stuff with a nice groove. Find myself liking the older songs the best.
Would have liked something more than the meagre liner notes but considering the absurd price I paid ($5.83USD new from Amazon), I ain’t complaining.
Interesting especially at that price! Its around £25 in the UK. 18 unreleased tracks apparently. I've the albums "Befour" (The Trinity) and "Oblivion Express" & "Better Land"

That Auger comp. has been in my saved cart for awhile. I don't remember it being that low. Although I'm complete or near on his work, I do need to get this soon.

spinning:
CD 3 Springtime in NY - Dylan

Closer to Home - Grand Funk from Trunk of Funk v1

CD 10 & 11 11/21/75 Boston Music Hall (evening show)
from Rolling Thunder box - Dylan w/Joan Baez, Roger McGuinn, Joni Mitchell, Mick Ronson, T-Bone Burnett & more

That Auger comp. has been in my saved cart for awhile. I don't remember it being that low. Although I'm complete or near on his work, I do need to get this soon.

spinning:
CD 3 Springtime in NY - Dylan

Closer to Home - Grand Funk from Trunk of Funk v1

CD 10 & 11 11/21/75 Boston Music Hall (evening show)

Just checked the Auger Introspection 3 CD set @ Amazon. It's now about $20. Rang got a DEAL and a half!

It was January 2021 that the Brian Auger price sank that low.
It was stranded at my US address for close to a year which is why I’m only getting to it now.

I've been noticing even among internet vendors like Deep Discount/ImportCD as well as Amazon....when stock of particular items are either very low or in low demand, they slash prices. Call it a FLASH sale! I was able to purchase 18 Classical MQA~CD titles from Deep Discount at most 1/3 of their retail cost and noticed that when I purchase them they were no longer available....and CDJapan's prices on those same titles remained 1/3 higher!

And sometimes for those sleep deprived suffering from insomnia ... shopping the internet during those wee small hours [when the world is otherwise fast asleep] GREAT deals/flash sales pop up.

Havana Moon - Carlos Santana w/Willie Nelson, guest vocal on Mexico Japan CD

CD 5 Springtime in NY - Dylan

Rubber Soul (orig. UK 2ch mix) from Beatles in Mono Japan CD box

Live - Grand Funk from Trunk of Funk v1

CD 12 & 13 12/4/75 Montreal & CD 14 rare performances

Songs to No One - Jeff Buckley & Gary Lucas

https://www.discogs.com/release/378710-Jeff-Buckley-Gary-Lucas-Songs-To-No-One-1991-1992

I guess this is the good - and the bad - of being a Collector for many many years. Too much music, too little time and definitely a lack of rack space.
Ralphie I bet you can relate.

HA! I could use a separate house just to store all my music/film possessions in. And they're still arriving almost on a daily basis. Even if I lived to be 120 ........

F7C2FCC7-02B4-459B-A285-BF89EFCBB2B4.jpeg
Belly - KING

Gotta be at least 10 years since I’ve played this.
Doesn’t make me want go out and buy the rest of their albums but a decent listen nonetheless.

View attachment 75715

Was lucky enough to catch Brian Auger play live, pre-COVID. It was great!! the early Oblivion Express albums are favourites of mine.

Will check out that compilation: probably have most of it though, including the Trinity/Driscoll LP's

Did you know he played the harpsichord intro on "for your love" by The Yardbirds? He has some good interviews on youtube.
Chas Chandler also asked him to play with Hendrix, initially

C33F25BC-5F8E-449F-A4F9-4700F88CC185.jpeg
Lloyd Cole - 1D

Pure electronic music, no vocals, just Lloyd and his synthesizer playing “live”.
Pretty rudimentary, kinda hard to discern melodies, but enjoyable if in the right mood.
Not for everyone, would be completely unrecognizable to LC fans.

Back