Listening now to this stereo/mono CD.

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I saw them in 86!

It was either 1981 or 1982 I saw them at them Manchester Apollo with my younger brother who was at Uni there - way too long ago to remember exactly!
It was 1981 when I first read about them in a book about rock music (!). I was 13. There was a full page photo of Froese, Franke and Hoenig (I think) sitting in front of the Moog modules and keyboards. I instantly knew I had to seek them out.
The first time I saw them in concert was in 1996 in Shepherd's Bush Empire, London.

Last edited:
That Creed Taylor ARTICLE has inspired me to revisit some stellar releases!
1661519162122.png
The Gil Evans Orchestra
Out of the Cool
https://www.allmusic.com/album/out-of-the-cool-mw0000649500https://www.discogs.com/release/4361243-The-Gil-Evans-Orchestra-Out-Of-The-Cool

4D43224D-F521-4C22-915B-8B67E8703FE2.jpeg

Eleanor McEvoy - Alone

Solo collection of songs from previous albums, all re-recorded with just her voice and one instrument.
Quietly emotional.

View attachment 83199
Bjork - Post

Another one I had to blow the dust off of. Forgot how much I like this album.
Kinda stunned that it’s 27 years old.
Wow 27 years ago?
She is like a female David Bowie always reinventing her music. Saw her twice in concert back then used to collect all the remixes. Wonderful album as are many of the following albums.

Last edited:
View attachment 83199
Bjork - Post

Another one I had to blow the dust off of. Forgot how much I like this album.
Kinda stunned that it’s 27 years old.
but but but...it has an outstanding MCH mix... I mean, don't get me wrong, I PURCHASED it WHEN IT CAME OUT on CD but I never go back to Stereo once it's MCH...unless it's a useless MCH mix!

In multi channel?!?
When, where

Though I’m sure I’d have sell a kidney to get a copy now.
go for the Surrounded Boxset , like DuncanS mentioned...you will NOT be disappointed...of course there is the Vespertine DVD-A which , to my ears sound a BIT better than the Dual Disc..and the DVD-A AND SACD version of Medúlla ...and the DVD-V of Volta (not on the box set).... if you are a completist...of course , ALL highly recommended....

Back