Listening now to this stereo/mono CD.

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1668909114910.jpeg

this is the last album of Michael Murphy in lead with REO Speedwagon. Vocalion has the previous 2 - Lost in A Dream / This Time We Mean It out on incredible surround SACD ( Buy it !! ) . If memory serves me - REO went from Terry Lutrell to Kenin Cronin to Michael Murphy and back to Kevin Cronin.

All with an incredible supporting cast including the late , Great Gary Richrath

reoridin.jpg

E9197815-41C4-4DA5-81F3-23AD7591BF00.jpeg

Bill Withers - Watching You Watching Me

The last album in the box set and his career. Maybe I need to give him more credit.
Despite the sharp turn when he signed with Columbia, most of the latter albums, when not viewed through the lens of his Sussex years, are actually pretty good including this one.

469976AF-881E-49FB-B954-E03A04CFC0BF.jpeg

Barclay James Harvest

Self titled first album, a 4 disc box set with a remix in 24/96 LPCM along with (on CD) the original mix, singles and various live tracks from the BBC (the latter in very dodgy sound quality).
Manages to sound ambitious and naive at the same time.
It’s all good and a nice package from Esoteric but must admit, though the definition is better on the remix, I almost like the mono-like solidity of the original mix better.

Last edited:
72CF6B84-FBB1-462F-A93A-177D99E74834.jpeg

The Doors - Perception

My oldest sealed box set (until now), bought almost exactly 13 years ago from Amazon for the remarkable price of $13.97

2772493A-5F92-4CDA-BBFF-508A13B7618E.jpeg

The Doors

Not much to say here, in my Top 5 albums of all time.
Not sure about the remix, sounds kinda harsh in places, even in stereo 24/96 MLP. Maybe it reveals too much of the 1966 recording. Regardless, it doesn’t really detract from the music and don’t mind hearing unfamiliar things (due to the remix) in some of the songs, along with interesting bonus material.
Wish they’d included the original mix too on the DVDs.

Last edited:
Someone told me it's been 46 years since The Band's "The Last Waltz" ?

Coincidentally, I put this on tonight while doing some work. Originally recorded in 1980 to accompany an art installation, it's unique, interesting, ambient, atmospheric. I can't remember where I got the CD.

To Garth!

MFOLQOTA.jpg

Wiki link:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Music_for_Our_Lady_Queen_of_the_Angels

Back