Listening now to this stereo/mono CD.

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Didn't know of 1969, until I ran into UK LP in an import bin. Rebought it on UK CD.
I have some of her other solo work as Julie Tippett, mostly w/hubby Keith Tippett. Their brand of jazz is far afield from Brian Auger's more pop/fusion oriented jazz. Complete on Auge.

The Beatles Help! 2009 mono box (Japan)
idFMxfr.jpg

C8073594-DE4E-4687-A3BC-1DF599E752BD.jpeg

Chris Rea - The Return of the Fabulous Hofner Blue Notes

Beautiful package with two 10” records and three CDs housed in an 80 page LP sized hardcover book.
Disc 1, all instrumentals by the fictitious Delmonts, is the most fun.
Discs 2 & 3 by the Hofner Blue Notes is more typical Rea. Disc 3 more laid back than 2.

Didn't know of 1969, until I ran into UK LP in an import bin. Rebought it on UK CD.
I have some of her other solo work as Julie Tippett, mostly w/hubby Keith Tippett. Their brand of jazz is far afield from Brian Auger's more pop/fusion oriented jazz. Complete on Auge.
Wow, didn't know that she was married to Keith! I edited some of my former postings, as I had confused her with Judy Dyble:mad:.

I bought that Stand! That longbox package never was repressed in CD-size slipsleeves. Perhaps I'll a/b it to the version in the Sly box. someday...
There’s never enough time, is there?

I have so many comparisons I should do but 9 times out of 10 would rather spend my limited listening hours playing something new.

5F33F660-FD6A-4D99-A983-8728F0EC6FFC.jpeg

Ultravox - Vienna

The 6 disc 40th Anniversary box.
Played the remix and the B-Sides in 24/96 2.0 LPCM. Awesome.
This album is a classic and sounds great here.
On CD played some single mixes and live tracks from Disc 3.
The cassette rehearsals on Disc 4 are surprisingly listenable.
Disc 5, Live at St.Albans 1980 makes it sound like these guys were good in concert. Very nice live recording.

Last edited:
Disc 5, Live at St.Albans 1980 makes it sound like these guys were good in concert. Very nice live recording.
I've never been a huge fan of vintage live recordings, but the sound quality on that St. Albans CD is excellent. There's plenty of headroom and it sounds great loud. Unfortunately, I can't say the same for the Hammersmith Odeon recording in the Rage In Eden box.

The Vienna box is one of those rare cases where all of the audio across the various CDs and DVD was spared the "loudness war" treatment. I also prefer Steven Wilson's remix to the original Conny Plank stereo mix.

Back