Listening now to this stereo/mono CD.

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
7D5BB0C4-4E8A-4E08-B1EF-37E804D7D031.jpeg

ZZ Top - Fandango!

Kind of an odd album. First side is live and sounds lousy, I fail to see the point of including it.
Side two is studio and, in stark contrast, sounds very good, much better than previous albums.

Last edited:
Collage Over and Out. Polish Neo Prog. A masterpiece in my opinion

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221215-111936-714.png
    Screenshot_20221215-111936-714.png
    907.7 KB · Views: 0
View attachment 86289
ZZ Top - Tres Hombres

After knowing nothing from their first two albums this one has four familiar and great tracks.
Makes the album lopsided because none of the other six tracks are particularly memorable.
Someone recently 'gifted' me a fantastic DVD~A~R dub of Tres Hombres in 4.0 96/24 resolution from a very good source. Am playing it as we speak and enjoying the hell out of it. Perhaps one day it will be released in that format for ALL to hear. Excellent, I say!

John, you owe it to yourself to pick up the INCREDIBLE Universal SHM~SACD STEREO remaster of both this and Gasoline Alley. Revelatory in the increased resolution format.

https://www.importcds.com/every-picture-tells-a-story-shm-sacd/4988031161852
MOST unfortunately, the SHM~SACD of Gasoline Alley is OOP!
The Japanese SACD of Every Picture is an excellent transfer. I'm convinced I have a SACD of Gasoline Alley, but :eek: its not where it should be on the shelf!
:unsure: so I'm wondering whether I really do have it! :oops:

Back