Listening now to this stereo/mono CD.

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
a very underrated album. great stuff here. this album featured the original band reunited - including Kerry Livgren

kansassomewhere.jpg

I definitely understand how one can own music he hasn’t listened to. It’s been about five years since my system could play vinyl (I expect that to be corrected this year, but I thought that last year and a bunch of life got in the way), but the collection continues to grow. And the new stuff is filed along with the old stuff, although it’s in pretty good order, I’m not sure how, once the system issues are addressed, how I will tell if I’ve heard a disc in all its glory or not.

I have a small pile of discs under my chair of stuff I’ve bought but not played, I’m doing a so-so job of keeping up with that, although, again, life keeps getting in the way. I really must cut back on the house projects, once I finish the guest bathroom, my wife’s den, the irrigation system, the theater lobby, repairing my laser disc player, building the end tables for the love-seat second row, putting a door on the storage room, etc., etc., etc…
We’ll have a bit of life change in the house at the end of summer, so I expect to have more dedicated time for intentional listening where I can sit back undisturbed and play new stuff... which is going to pile up a tad higher this week with more Dylan Bootleg Series sets arriving.

Eden - Everything but the Girl UK CD autographed
Crown of Creation - Jefferson Airplane MoFi Gold CD
7 - Soft Machine UK CD
The Tender Storm - Eddie Harris from 2 CD Greater Than the Sum of Its' Parts
Live - Imagine Dragons CD/BD
Shock Treatment (incl songs from BOTH LP releases) - Don Ellis

Last edited:
IMG_1746.jpeg

Funkadelic’s Greatest Hits

An odd compilation from 1975. Some album tracks, some single mixes.
Sound not great, need to compare some of these tracks to the individual Westbound CDs.
(Edit: the worst track I Wanna Know If It’s Good To You sounds just as nasty on the Free Your Mind …CD).
And speaking of odd; what about that album cover ?!

Last edited:
View attachment 91412
Everything But The Girl - Fuse

Really good comeback album. I’ve read reviews that said she doesn’t sound like Tracey. I don’t agree.
Sounds great in 24/48 LPCM on the Bluray.
I'm currently spinning the RBCD which came with the set and IMO, it likewise sounds FABULOUS with deep bass and no signs of compression. A great 'comeback' album INDEED!

Back